You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

AtariLegend wrote:

Yes, they've changed to the original logo good catch. Ashba ect. are no longer popping up on the main page, however their's now a link to http://www.teambrazil.com/ on the main page whom it says manage them. Never noticed that on the main page before, kind of silly.

They also updated Facebook several hours ago and removed the list of current members and the picture. https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/

Is a reunion about to be announced?

Sky Dog wrote:

Team Brazil is about to hit the lottery! axl 21

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

THANK YOU BABY JESUS!!!!

Sky Dog wrote:

HE WAS A GROWN MAN! HE HAD A BEARD!

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

wow, this is actually looking pretty likely now?

exciting - only question now i guess is if Izzy is involved? Really hope so..

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Trust them to choose Christmas Day to sneak these changes onto their official platforms. smile

It's all quite exciting really

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

The old logo on the gnr site was reported by blabbermouth. They say coachella lineup will be announced jan 5.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n … on-rumors/

Has that announcement date been reported any where else? If not, i wonder how they got it. And since they r the only site that has reported about the logo thus far, maybe they know even more than they have actually mentioned so far.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The gnr homepage has changed to the original gnr logo.

i presume whatever is going on has just begun.

Yep....its on like Donkey Kong.

Christmas Eve is interesting. For the record, Soundgarden announced their reunion on New Year's Eve.

AtariLegend wrote:

Yes, they've changed to the original logo good catch. Ashba ect. are no longer popping up on the main page, however their's now a link to http://www.teambrazil.com/ on the main page whom it says manage them. Never noticed that on the main page before, kind of silly.

They also updated Facebook several hours ago and removed the list of current members and the picture. https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/

Erasing previous/current members? Now we KNOW it's really on.  There's literally no other reason to remove them.  Adding Team Brazil is just to let the forum junkies know for certain they are going to be involved. The general public doesn't know or care about them, and I mean no disrespect to them when I say that.

Is a reunion about to be announced?

Obviously.

Sky Dog wrote:

Team Brazil is about to hit the lottery! axl 21

No doubt there.

Even though I always expected a reunion down the line, its almost surreal that its literally on our doorstep.

Said it before but I'll say it again.......I want new music. I would prefer CD II but I'll take anything. If they don't want to rework CD II or create material from scratch, I'll be happy with an unloading of their vault. This reunion needs to be done right, and not just in a touring capacity. If it turns into a 100% touring juggernaut, I'll lose interest quick no matter who is in the lineup.

jimmythegent wrote:

wow, this is actually looking pretty likely now?

exciting - only question now i guess is if Izzy is involved? Really hope so..

Me too. It loses something without him. Old timers know how the band was never the same without him. It makes perfect sense to bring him back for one final run at the top. I'll be fine with his absence as long as they asked him to do it but he declined. Obviously he cant be forced to do something.

If they went forward with some hybrid thing without even asking him I do think there will be a bit of backlash. On the other hand, people are going to be so excited it will drown out ANY backlash.

sandman wrote:

The old logo on the gnr site was reported by blabbermouth. They say coachella lineup will be announced jan 5.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n … on-rumors/

Has that announcement date been reported any where else? If not, i wonder how they got it. And since they r the only site that has reported about the logo thus far, maybe they know even more than they have actually mentioned so far.

Blabbermouth just pulls info from the forums sandman. They've all been doing it unfortunately. Its why its so frustrating looking at articles since this hoopla started. We read the forums, read the articles, and you see in articles what you just read on the forums. 16 Even the 'hybrid' concept originated on the forums and alternative nation and others reported it as news.

They pick that date because its one of the dates for Coachella announcements.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

wow, looks like it`s really possible this time!

one thing that seems to have been overlooked in the last few months of speculation, is that the manager of the joint in vegas said in an interview in june 2014, that axl plans to reform the original band after the residency. at that time it came completely out of the blue and noone took it serious, but in hindsight it perfectly fits the picture. axl handing out those chinese democracy platinum discs to the band members could`ve really been the end of the chinese democracy era..

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
WARose wrote:

wow, looks like it`s really possible this time!

one thing that seems to have been overlooked in the last few months of speculation, is that the manager of the joint in vegas said in an interview in june 2014, that axl plans to reform the original band after the residency. at that time it came completely out of the blue and noone took it serious, but in hindsight it perfectly fits the picture. axl handing out those chinese democracy platinum discs to the band members could`ve really been the end of the chinese democracy era..

That's really interesting. Have you got a link to that interview?

Obviously it looks as though GN'R are reforming, but there is still a story to tell. How did it happen, what is the dateline.

Another aspect to look out for is that big interview. Rolling Stone or Billboard magazine, someone is going to have that exclusive interview which gives us some insight into how it all happened.

Board footer