You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: BST Hyde Park London Festival profile and rumours

johndivney wrote:

Bring on the shows.
CDII on the back burner. If it ever sees light of day it'll be merged with the next album, or even the one after that & lost in time/translation (like CD1).

Fwiw: I don't think we're getting any albums soon. If ever.

AtariLegend wrote:

This would be extremely weird.

It'd be better than Download, but Hyde Park doesn't exactly play to the types that would be there to see Guns N' Roses. I can't imagine Guns's headline a pop festival with Take That and UK pop acts.

In 2014 though they had a rock night I guess with Black Sabbath, Soundgarden. In 2015 though The Who were the only Rock act on the entire show.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

AtariLegend wrote:

This would be extremely weird.

It'd be better than Download, but Hyde Park doesn't exactly play to the types that would be there to see Gun's N Roses. I can't imagine Guns's headline a pop festival with Take That and UK pop acts.

In 2014 though they had a rock night I guess with Black Sabbath, Soundgarden. In 2015 though The Who were the only Rock act on the entire show.

Stones have played it before but you're right. The Pimms and prawn sandwich brigade this festival would attract is not the right crowd for GNR.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

GN'R would have their own day. People that go and see Take That would do so on a different day.

I am considering it because it fits in with everything else. AEG promoted the Vegas residencies for GN'R, which were considered a success. Coachella, AEG, seems an obvious choice for a reunited GN'R given the money on offer. Under that same umbrella is Hyde Park.

There are obviously between 1 and 3 headliners still to announce, historically the festival has had at least one big classic rock band.

Also something interesting, insiders at other forums were able to predict the three current headliners (TT, Mumford, Flo), but not whoever the  fourth act is. That sounds familiar as well.

The Virtual Festivals news is also adding a small amount of credence to the Loaded story. Although I think it was factually wrong, I think the sentiment behind it had some truth to it. The guy that wrote the Loaded story used to do all the music on Channel 4 teletext years ago. He has also worked for some major newspapers and everyone knows who he is. I am guessing he got a small amount of information and tried to reason with it, but did so incorrectly.

I could be barking up the wrong tree with this, but it feels interesting

johndivney wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The guy that wrote the Loaded story used to do all the music on Channel 4 teletext years ago. He has also worked for some major newspapers and everyone knows who he is.

that's interesting, never knew that. C4 teletext was brilliant. their music listings, digitizer & that quiz game which i cant remember now.. wasted a fair few hours of my life on those pages, more than anything on the internet does now.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bamboozle?

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Bamboozle?

Are you sure that wasn't ITV?

-edit-

I just had to google it. It said it was on ITV then moved to 4?

http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/Holid … /bamboozle

fyi I do not remember Bamboozle being that hard.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In the early stages of a reunion I think GNR can play pretty much anywhere. They would appeal to a pop oriented crowd and on the opposite end of the spectrum could win over a speed metal crowd. 

If Soundgarden can win over a Lady Gaga crowd playing Black Hole Sun, so can GNR with even more hits at their disposal. Also the mere act of Axl and Slash being on stage together cannot be underestimated.

Euro crowds booing half baked nostalgia is apples and oranges compared to a reunited GNR.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Also the mere act of Axl and Slash being on stage together cannot be underestimated.

Which is why it deserves to happen at a grander stage. People have talked about how this would a huge earth shaking event where they'd rule the world again for a brief while or at least be selling out stadiums.

This would be a complete waste. Most of the audience attending that would be there whether Gun's or there or not. It's not about winning over the crowd, it's about playing in front of your fans.

People seem to think a reunited Gun's could sell out dates at Wembley Stadium, then why would they blow their moment "load" on this kind of deal.

I'm not saying Gun's are comparable to the Beatles, but if this had the potential people believed, then it's be the equivalent of a reunited Beatles playing one of their first shows supporting Jay Z.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree ID. And I still say, FUCK FESTIVALS. DO YOUR OWN SHOWS.

Board footer