You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: So... new music

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I want some of those UYI tracks that were barely ever played live

Me too. Stuff like The Garden, Dust N Bones, DTJ, and it would be great to finally bust out Don't Damn Me which has never been performed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Fuck CD and VR. I want some of those UYI tracks that were barely ever played live, such as Coma.

Dude, they will probably never play songs like Coma again. I would look at the last Vegas set list as probable. I'm very surprised about VR tracks.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Fuck CD and VR. I want some of those UYI tracks that were barely ever played live, such as Coma.

Dude, they will probably never play songs like Coma again. I would look at the last Vegas set list as probable. I'm very surprised about VR tracks.

Yeah Coma was hard to pull off live even back then. Factor in age and.....unlikely to happen. I'll add Locomotive to that as well. Out of those UYI epics, NR and Estranged are probably the only ones in contention.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't Damn Me would blow out Axl's voice for good.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't Damn Me would blow out Axl's voice for good.

Maybe, maybe not. People said the same thing about Cornell and Birth Ritual before the reunion but they wound up playing it a few times.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah Coma was hard to pull off live even back then. Factor in age and.....unlikely to happen. I'll add Locomotive to that as well. Out of those UYI epics, NR and Estranged are probably the only ones in contention.

I doubt they are playing Coma since as you mention it's very difficult.  I could see the Garden being played as well as  The Blues, Catcher, TWAT or This I Love from the CD era.

The big info here is that he has rehearsed with Slash and Duff recently.  That was a big point of contention during the break up of the original band.

AtariLegend wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

The big info here is that he has rehearsed with Slash and Duff recently.

Was that confirmed tonight?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

No, it's rumored. I believe some of it, but not all of it. I think there have been rehearsals, there is an official line up, and I do think something is being worked out to throw Steven a bone for a few spots. I don't think VR songs will be part of the package, but I think buzz has good info.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

No, it's rumored. I believe some of it, but not all of it. I think there have been rehearsals, there is an official line up, and I do think something is being worked out to throw Steven a bone for a few spots. I don't think VR songs will be part of the package, but I think buzz has good info.

I agree

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Did I just read a rumor that they're rehearsing in Seattle, and Uncle Axl sang Fall To Pieces?

If they did that song live, as a tribute to Scott, my fucking heart would melt. Maybe this "hybrid lineup" is gonna bang out some VR/CD stuff?

This I Love with Slash for the fucking win.

Board footer