You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Axl Rose To Talk "Guns N Roses" on Jmmy Kimmel Live(Not Happening)

bigbri wrote:

Wow! Set your DVRs folks!

johndivney wrote:

so what is Axl going to say in regards the relationship(s) being mended?
obviously he's there to sell the shows but they're bound to touch on the whys and whatnots of the story..??

is he just going to brush it off/under the carpet as a lot of time has passed yada yada yada, or is he going to get a bit more personal, or is he even going to get into specifics??

i can imagine he'll play nice & polite, offering generic response before selling the shows.
but i can also see him going, "oh slash said sorry & that made a really big difference" 16
he'll maybe get into specifics & go on one of his unhinged rants if he's in full flight during filming.. fingers crossed wink

it's interesting he's the interviewee..

i wonder if slash & duff'll call him boss..

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I read this as Slash not being there live (only Axl), but Kimmel having a video of him following around Axl and Slash together while they work on the reunion. Either way, that's awesome!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

While great and all, I do feel slightly dejected knowing that Axl (and maybe Slash) will return to the spotlight on Jimmy fuckin' Kimmel.

Or maybe all the shows are like that these days? Don't watch TV anymore.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

It seems Axl is friends with Kimmel.  No reason otherwise that he'd have done the last appearance there, now this one.  Aside from an awards show or something, its as good a place as any.  Lots of viewers, relaxed atmosphere for both of them.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

"Recent rumors have dated back the reconciliation between the two to before Guns N’ Roses’ 2014 Las Vegas residency, with this 2016 reunion being in the works for 2 years." - Alt Nation

"Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas," a source close to the band tells RadarOnline... "Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work." - Radar Online

When the word first broke out that the band would 'leave it in Vegas', it was said that Axl might retire. Curious.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

I remember a vague "sources" rumor that Axl was retiring after the residency "because he doesn't have the voice to tour anymore."  It'd be really bittersweet if that was what all this is and Axl was going into this as a farewell for those reasons.  I hope he has the chops for this and it can grow.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

When the word first broke out that the band would 'leave it in Vegas', it was said that Axl might retire. Curious.

Doing the dreaded (in his eyes) reunion tour for megabucks could definitely suggest something along those lines.

AndyShores wrote:

I remember a vague "sources" rumor that Axl was retiring after the residency "because he doesn't have the voice to tour anymore."  It'd be really bittersweet if that was what all this is and Axl was going into this as a farewell for those reasons.  I hope he has the chops for this and it can grow.

Not sure if voice has anything to do with it. For one it's not that bad, and the last 6-7 years have just been cash grabs anyhow. He's not out doing these shows to please the fans. If they will pay to see a sub par show, he will do it. His art was always in the studio. Total control, solitude. How he likes it.

But of course, if he's starting to feel "too old for this shit", it certainly makes sense to do the reunion for cash while he still can.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

If it's a retirement tour for Axl, I hope he brings his "A" game vocally. Would be a damn shame though if we don't get any studio material out of this.

mrsaxlrose
 Rep: 2 

mrsaxlrose wrote:

This should be interesting.  I might stay up to watch.

Board footer