You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: STP REUNION! STRAIGHT FROM SCOTT'S MOUTH!

Saikin wrote:

Billy Morrison said on Camp Freddy Radio that an STP mini/major city tour will happen but it "won't affect the future of Velvet Revolver."

Yeah, i don't believe that one bit.  It's like saying Axl reuniting with Slash, Duff, Steve and Izzy won't affect Chinese Democracy.  16

Neemo, i can understand what you're saying.  I'm not believing this 100% either.  If this is true, it's great news!  All the signs have been pointing down this road for a while now... i just hope this is it this time around.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Here's the clip of Morrison saying on CFR, "I happen to know some things. I mean, it's no secret, half of LA knows STP have venues on hold."

http://rapidshare.de/files/38372095/stp … r.wav.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

blabbermouth has picked the story up

SCOTT WEILAND Says STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Reunion Is Imminent

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has told MiamiHerald.com that fans should be on the lookout for a reunion of his previous band, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, in the coming months. The singer made the announcement during an appearance this past Saturday (January 19) at an all-star gala event benefiting the AROD Family Foundation. The event took place at the Ritz Carlton hotel in South Beach, Florida. Hosts included Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez and his wife Cynthia, who founded the non-profit organization to support programs focused on improving quality of life, education and mental health for families in distress.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo confirmed the band's split in 2003 following the release of the group's greatest-hits package, "Thank You".

"It was time to move on to other things," Dean told Guitar One magazine at the time. "Life and personalities and brotherhood took its course."

"Dean and [drummer] Eric [Kretz] and myself, I think, all feel a sense of sadness, relief, anger, melancholy about it," said Robert. "But to try and go and accomplish something with this band after we've already peaked is a bit cheesy. There's a cheese factor with guys hitting 40 trying to recapture glory.

"There's no way to go but out."

Weiland was expected to appear in a Los Angeles courtroom last Thursday (January 17), where his recent DUI case was to be continued. The singer was charged with driving under the influence of drugs after being pulled over by police in late November.

VELVET REVOLVER will begin a new U.S. tour on January 24 in Chicago, with dates confirmed through February 9.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=88936

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Wow. This is huge, and if it happens, VR is likely toast even though there are third album talks. They would go on hiatus of course, but the hiatus would become permanent with STP back.

VR may fulfill their contract by releasing demos/rarities or a live album.

If they tour, I am there.

Demos would be cool. They  cut 5 songs with Sebastian
for The Project that eventually became VR,I would love to hear those songs.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No offense, but Slash will never officially release anything with Baz on it. Baz spent 06 shitting on VR when he could to please Axl, just like Axl's other hangers on. Baz should have done the honorable thing and stayed neutral in that mess.

Might see a leak of those in some form, but an official release? No way in hell.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

you know....one person i feel for the most in this whole VR drama is Scott....i don't think even he was aware of the gnr-related mess he would get pulled into....and all he ever wanted was to get fucked up on drugs and play rock n' roll...if he mentioned axl or gnr in any interviews, he was simply echoing the feelings of his bandmates.....like a loyal band colleague/friend would....

He stood up for Slash when not even he believed the "house visit" story...and climbed into Axl to show his support for his leading axeman....

and despite all this...it is blatantly clear and obvious that Slash would dump them all in the gutter in a heartbeat if uncle Axl was to pick up the phone....

he's a genius guitar player....its debatable if there is anyone better out there.....but he can be a real cunt sometimes....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

No offense, but Slash will never officially release anything with Baz on it. Baz spent 06 shitting on VR when he could to please Axl, just like Axl's other hangers on. Baz should have done the honorable thing and stayed neutral in that mess.

Might see a leak of those in some form, but an official release? No way in hell.

No offence taken 5,But Future music is possible.
There is an old article posted on Sebastian message board that say's we will someday  hear the tunes. As far as I know they have only 1 studio track ever released & it was  on Bach 2 Basics(2001),a tribute to Led Zeppelin (Communication Break Down)       

Someone said Slash thought that he Baz where no longer friends Baz told a radio
last year nothing could be further from the truth. He said his feeling's of course where  hurt after not being chosen for the gig but he will always be Slash & Duff friend. 

I think it would be cool to hear the songs they did but it would
also be cool to the songs done with Mike Majestic to. I could be mistaken
but didn't Alter bridges singer try out to???

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Like I said, Baz should have stayed neutral in that mess. Just because he rekindled his friendship with Axl was no reason to take swipes at VR. Now that VR may be without a singer, Baz could have been in an interesting situation. He burnt that bridge, and now if VR does go on without Weiland, Baz will not even be considered.

Everyone, take a lesson from this- If you are considering burning a bridge, make damn sure there isn't much of a chance of possibly having to cross that bridge in the future.

I would also like to hear whatever material they did. Slash said something about it being "dated", but that doesn't mean it wasn't good.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Like I said, Baz should have stayed neutral in that mess. Just because he rekindled his friendship with Axl was no reason to take swipes at VR. Now that VR may be without a singer, Baz could have been in an interesting situation. He burnt that bridge, and now if VR does go on without Weiland, Baz will not even be considered.

Everyone, take a lesson from this- If you are considering burning a bridge, make damn sure there isn't much of a chance of possibly having to cross that bridge in the future.

I would also like to hear whatever material they did. Slash said something about it being "dated", but that doesn't mean it wasn't good.

Slash said they sounded like Skid Row and he wasn't interested in doing that.

Board footer