You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: STP REUNION! STRAIGHT FROM SCOTT'S MOUTH!

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

^ Source?

check the date 16

Oh right, I was thinking their to myself "Are They Crazy?", I guess they used to be.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

BelowEmpty.com says:
There is a rumour going around L.A. that there's pre-production for new STP-material going on at Eric Kretz' Bombshelter Studios in Los Angeles. There's no word if the DeLeo brothers are involved, but according to the reports, Eric is laying down basis drum tracks for material that will be worked on once Scott wraps up the current Velvet Revolver tour on April 1st in Amsterdam.

Just a rumor of course, but if that's the case... holy shit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

BelowEmpty.com says:
There is a rumour going around L.A. that there's pre-production for new STP-material going on at Eric Kretz' Bombshelter Studios in Los Angeles. There's no word if the DeLeo brothers are involved, but according to the reports, Eric is laying down basis drum tracks for material that will be worked on once Scott wraps up the current Velvet Revolver tour on April 1st in Amsterdam.

Just a rumor of course, but if that's the case... holy shit.

Holy shit indeed. Hope it's true, I reckon Scott's place is in STP rather than VR.

nugdafied wrote:

I just found out STP will be playing here in Bend on Sept. 1!!! I will most definitely be there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Jim Louvau of The Arizona Republic reviewed STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' July 29, 2008 concert at the the Dodge Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona. An excerpt from his review follows.

"As lights went out and [Scott] Weiland [vocals] appeared in front of his microphone stand muttering something about VELVET REVOLVER and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS before the rest of the band had even made their way on stage. Part of the beauty of attending a Weiland event is that you never know exactly what version of the singer is going to show up and the singer's erratic behavior set the tone early on for what would be a rough night for the '90s alt-heroes.

"The lengthy set opened with 'Big Empty' from 'The Crow' soundtrack. Dressed in a grey suit Weiland stumbled around the stage and fell into drummer Eric Kretz's drum kit which confirmed he is now officially the Amy Winehouse of rock 'n' roll. When he did sing he often forgot words or changed them. 'Conversations Kill' quickly became 'Masturbation Kill'.

"The singer's incoherent rants in between songs were cut off by his band members starting the next song to stop the bleeding. Guitarist Dean DeLeo and his brother bassist Robert DeLeo looked humiliated as they ripped through classics like 'Wicked Garden', 'Big Bang Baby' and 'Vasoline'."

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Scott is on a downward spiral. I think he'll die in like 09 if he doesn't get this shit under control again sad

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Scott is on a downward spiral. I think he'll die in like 09 if he doesn't get this shit under control again sad

Thirty days in the hole won't save you from three years of guns trust me.. He just needs a little Remedy.....Soul sick....soul sick without a brother even worse. those boys he is with now are rough.... hang tough Scott and God bless....

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Holy shit.  My friend saw him just a few nights before that and said the show was amazing and Scott was great.

Then, another friend saw them July 31st and said Scott was dead on and the band sounded great. 

To be fully honest, i think i trust them more than some random reporter.

curro
 Rep: 7 

curro wrote:

Here is the video:  http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=iESTuN-IrUc

Judge for yourself.

Board footer