You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: STP REUNION! STRAIGHT FROM SCOTT'S MOUTH!

I think Scott is pretty fucked up, and this STP re-union was a bad idea. I've seen that review in full before and I've seen people agree with it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
curro wrote:

Here is the video:  http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=iESTuN-IrUc

Judge for yourself.

That video doesn't prove that he's on drugs.  Period.

I could pull up videos on youtube of Axl falling off stage, or messing up lyrics when he was off drugs. 

Sure, Scott did mess up pretty bad on the lyrics, but he's been having problems with his wife again.  Maybe he should have figured that out first before going on such a big tour.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS: Tampa Show Cancelled Due To 'Inclement Weather' - Aug. 23, 2008
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS cancelled their performance last night (Friday, August 22) in Tampa, Florida due to "inclement weather." However, according to several online reports from fans who went to the Ford Amphitheatre expecting the band to play, the announcement of the cancellation wasn't made until approximately 10:15 p.m., infuriating the roughly 6,500 STP fans who were none to thrilled to hear this so very late into the evening. One fan wrote BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "The storms they were attempting to lay blame on were in North Florida and were not impacting Central Florida or South Florida where they had played in Hollywood, Florida two days prior. They did cancel a show in Orlando on Tuesday evening which I completely understood and people were informed ahead of time due a tropical storm in the area."

Fan reactions to the cancellation and speculation as to the "real" reason for why the show was called off can be found on the Below Empty and TampaBays10.com web sites.

As previously reported, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland ranted incoherently between songs, forgot lyrics and fell backward into Eric Kretz's drum kit at one point during the band's show on July 30 at the Dodge Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona. According to a review by The Arizona Republic, Weiland came onstage and muttered something about STP and his previous band, VELVET REVOLVER, before the rest of the PILOTS had taken the stage. About a minute and a half into opening number "Big Empty", Weiland walked backward until he fell into the front of the drums.

The rest of the group '” Kretz, guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo '” started playing several times throughout the set to cut off Weiland's continued comments between songs.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS launched a 65-date reunion tour earlier this spring, but Weiland's performances have been inconsistent throughout the trek so far, with the singer showing up more than an hour late for several shows and displaying erratic behavior onstage.

He was dismissed from VELVET REVOLVER for behavior issues in April and spent a month in rehab shortly before that. Weiland's drug problems derailed STP's career in the '90s but he was supposedly clean and sober from 2003 until his latest stint in rehab.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=103390

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

If you want to see how bad the public is taking it, just take a look at the band's myspace comments. 

A lot of STP fans are pissed at Scott and won't buy any of his future solo albums. 

Apparently at last nights show, Eric was flipping Scott off all night.  Not a good sign.  I got less than 2 weeks til my show! I may be out like a hundred bucks now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Could have swore I posted in this thread about the Tampa thing.

Minor glitch I suppose.

nugdafied wrote:

Well, tonite is my STP show here in Bend. I was surprised to hear on the radio last week that they are heavily advertising this show on the valley radio stations as STP's only Oregon show. The valley is Portland to Medford, Oregon, while Bend is waaay on the other side of the Cascade mountain range. So, it's not exactly an easy trek for fans to get here. Anyways, should be interesting to see if a reunited STP can draw as many fans as Sheryl Crow did last Thursday(yes, she played the Democratic Convention in Denver, then flew to bend & played a show all in the same evening), or Korn did last year when they were here. I'll try not to get to drunk & start yelling for Slither:)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hope its a good show Nugafied...let us all know how it goes!

nugdafied wrote:

So I went not expecting too much & got pleasantly surprised by a great concert. Weiland is a whole different man fronting STP, as opposed to his time in VR. He looked & sounded great, so I think the whole being wasted or whatever thing is a rock n' roll rumor. He obviously in top shape & looked like he's gained some healthy weight since his VR days. STP also has a nice stage setup with lots of lights & a stage size video screen right behind the band. It was all really more than I had expected going in......the crowd, the stage, the band, everything was cool & made for a nice nite out with the wife. It's definitely a show worth going to, as it's hit after hit, and both sexes can be entertained by it.

Dead & Bloated

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS TO PLAY SOLD OUT SHOW AT KNITTING FACTORY CONCERT HOUSE

An Intimate Celebration of the Grand Re-Opening
with Guests Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

TICKETS PURCHASED FOR STAR THEATRE WILL BE HONORED AT KNITTING FACTORY CONCERT HOUSE
ALL TICKETS WILL BE GENERAL ADMISSION

Saturday, September 6, 2008
Knitting Factory Concert House
Spokane, WA
Doors- 7:00 pm
Show- 8:00 pm

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I don't care if anyone says they did this because they didn't sell out the Star Arena.  I really don't.

I saw Shinedown, Zombie, Army of Anyone, Operator, and A7X at this venue and it is amazing.  1500 people capacity.  I would MUCH rather see them here because i will be right fucking in front of them.

Board footer