You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

Neemo wrote:

I knew this guy in highschool...huge acdc fan....he hated gnr cuz Axl's voice was too screechy lol...so when I heard this I thought of him cuz I rememer our heated debates back then about acdc vs gnr during woodworking shop class 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl to rehearse with AC/DC and memorize lyrics but no rehearsals planned for GNR LOL.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We live in interesting times.

If Axl backs out for whatever reason, they can always call Hitler. He can sing THunderstruck exactly how it sounds on the album.

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Wonder how it would go down with their die hards?

Like a lead balloon.
It'd be ok tho cause they're all senile old drunks so they'd forget about it in a second.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

One issue would be the Ac/Dc machine runs like clockwork. Shows start dead on time and go for 2+ hours  with no breaks or solos other than one extended guitar solo for Angus.

I'm not sure how they'd accomodate Axl's privacy tent and his oxygen requirements.

That said, if he has his rasp back I think he'd nail it. 2006 Axl would be perfect for the job - so maybe he could pull it off.

I could see it working better both for Axl and with Fans if it was an all-star line up. Like Axl does 3 or 4 songs and some other famous people do 3-4 each. Then it's more of a tribute to the band rather than "hey guys we kicked brian out for Axl"

AtariLegend wrote:

Reaction on the first AC/DC forum I found via google was not positive.

How many original members does AC/DC have or members at least from the Back in Black era?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Reaction on the first AC/DC forum I found via google was not positive.

How many original members does AC/DC have or members at least from the Back in Black era?

Two are left. Angus and Cliff. Phil Rudd is in Jail and Malcolm has dementia.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

In fairness to Axl I don't think the reaction to anyone but Brian will be positive.

That band has been about Angus and Brian for the past 36 years.

The previous changes were tolerable. Brain himself joined when Bon died - so there's nothing to be done there. Then although most say the band was really Malcom's band, when he was hospitalised they went with a family member (his nephew) to replace him. Phil has been under house-arrest but was replaced with a drummer they had used during a previous absence and who played on Thunderstruck etc. So in terms of what you got live - it had become the Angus and Brian show - and in terms of legitimacy I'd say was along the lines of the Black Ice tour was the original AFD line up and Play Ball tour has been more like a UYI line up.

But dropping Brian is unthinkable. Axl will really have his work cut out for him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If they hate Axl....I have a great idea for their fans.....shut the wholke damn thing down and the fans can just listen to the albums instead of going to any shows Axl may potentially show up at.

The guy's on the verge of kicking the world's ass again and now we've got AC/DC nuts complaining. Besides, don't they know GNR fans have complained for 20 years? They need to step to the back of the line....

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If they hate Axl....I have a great idea for their fans.....shut the wholke damn thing down and the fans can just listen to the albums instead of going to any shows Axl may potentially show up at.

Not sure if you're kidding but at the Ac/Dc sites I lurk at that's actually the preferred option. Even the die hards are like "well, we've had a good run lads". Many people were skeptical when malcom retired but embraced this current album, but now the loss of brian just feels like the end to most.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Axl kick ass at it, I'm just saying I think most Ac/Dc fans would rather the band gracefully retire at this point.

James Lofton wrote:

The guy's on the verge of kicking the world's ass again and now we've got AC/DC nuts complaining. Besides, don't they know GNR fans have complained for 20 years? They need to step to the back of the line....

That could be what's behind this - all the praise Axl got for reuniting doesn't fit with his normal role - he needs a hostile audience again!

Board footer