You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Howard Stern talks GNR Coachella reunion

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Don't forget they're also bound by a period of exclusivity w/Coachella (tho maybe that's limited to a regional thing?).
But even still, once that passes I think what you'll get is one of those typical press releases on Nightrain or the website, rather than a promo blitz where they're filling in the gaps in the story for those of us interested in such things.

It's just the impression I get off it. The vibe I feel is that Axl expects at this stage for promo to be handled by the promoters/label rather than the artist, y'know?

& just to echo what I said earlier, I think they way they've built it so far has been well done - without having actually done very much!
The excitement & fun has been building nicely instead of one small cumshot on a 3rd rate week night chat show, y'know??

Axl also probably feels OWED promo. Especially after the disaster of CD and UMG.

The biggest game changer and the reason numerous parties from AEG to UMG will be willing to go out of their way to promote this, without Axl having to lift a finger is that having Slash & Duff back in the fold, allows said parties to promote the Guns N' Roses brand now from a standpoint of a "reunion". No longer are they tied to promoting Chinese-Guns, and can now return to promoting the classic band, no different than when Metallica was recently promoting their concert movie a couple years ago.

It's a totally different beast now, because there could be REAL MONEY MADE on a GN'R reunion. People like UMG & AEG knew there was no real money to be made from the Chinese Democracy/New Guns-era and that the longer Axl drug it all on the less and less overall profit they would see from a reunion, and frankly new Guns since 2001 had been doing nothing but DE-valuing the GN'R brand, and all the business profiteers knew it. Thus the reason Azoff tried to pull a JR and blackmail/strong arm Axl into a reunion then. He knew what that real payday was, and if Axl balked, he had no problem sitting on his ass and waiting Axl out. In some ways... it kinda worked. Axl obviously changed his mind.

I certaintly think GN'R will be reverting back to 1993 and picking up where they left off once this starts moving. Axl will be nowhere to be seen and be the phantom he was even then, Slash & Duff will become the brand and occasionally Dizzy. Don't be shocked once this gets off if the 'ol bullet logo of GN'R starts popping up every fucking where like "Metallica" or "Nirvana", either. Other hands are gonna be in that cookie jar 'o monay.

Board footer