You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Howard Stern talks GNR Coachella reunion

faldor wrote:

I would LOVE to hear Howard interview Axl, Slash, and whoever at some point. It'd be good promotion. Howard has done some great "A" list interviews the last few years. He's been wanting an interview with Axl for many years. What better time then now?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I want Beetlejuice's thoughts on the reunion. Does he want them to move forward or does he want to take a trip down memory lane?

37832d97acd2_sf_6.jpg

faldor

faldor wrote:

Who me?

I love Beet! Maybe he can be the 3rd guitarist. 3

AtariLegend wrote:

A Stern interview might be interesting, but I'm worried Stern would ask questions like "did Erin shave downstairs?", "Hey Axl, how much pussy are you getting these days?".

He'd ask hard questions, but I don't think they'd too informative. We won't get questions like "why wasn't Chinese Democracy released in 2001?".

faldor

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

A Stern interview might be interesting, but I'm worried Stern would ask questions like "did Erin shave downstairs?", "Hey Axl, how much pussy are you getting these days?".

He'd ask hard questions, but I don't think they'd too informative. We won't get questions like "why wasn't Chinese Democracy released in 2001?".

That is true. For us hardcore fans we probably wouldn't learn much new information like that. But if they were willing to talk about it, we could get the story surrounding the reconciliation. They could talk about how certain songs were created and possibly perform them on the show. Howard likes to do that with his music guests. He did a town hall forum with Billy Joel a few years back, and started the show in the afternoon to accommodate Madonna's schedule when she appeared last year. So he'd work with them I'm sure.

But we wouldn't get the answers to all of our deepest and darkest secrets about the last 20 years. I'm not sure we'll ever get that. Howard's show is more entertainment based, but he does do a great job regardless. Maybe an Eddie Trunk or someone like that would get a little deeper because of his better understanding of the bands history, etc. But Howard's crew does a great job and provides him with great information and research. And he reaches a large audience, so it'd be good promo for sure.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

For the casuals -- Howard

For the diehards -- Eddie

Eddie ftw, just because with Eddie being buddies with Slash & Steven, it'd be more laid back, but Eddie would come out it with FAR more interesting questions than Howard.

I don't give a flying fuck how much pussy an aging 50+ year old rock star gets.

I want to know what the fuck happened from Axl's perspective from 1994-present.

nugdafied wrote:

B7VSkR-IcAAU1Sq.jpg

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Eddie ftw, just because with Eddie being buddies with Slash & Steven, it'd be more laid back, but Eddie would come out it with FAR more interesting questions than Howard.

I think Howard would treat this interview a little differently than normal considering the circumstances. He's extremely interested in what and how it all went down. There's a lot to talk about, so I wouldn't expect the sex talk to dominate the conversation. I'm beginning to think though that we won't see much promo until after Coachella. There's really no reason to "sell" that festival since it's already sold out. But if a tour is to follow, that's when they'd have to get to work.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I think Howard would treat this interview a little differently than normal considering the circumstances. He's extremely interested in what and how it all went down. There's a lot to talk about, so I wouldn't expect the sex talk to dominate the conversation. I'm beginning to think though that we won't see much promo until after Coachella. There's really no reason to "sell" that festival since it's already sold out. But if a tour is to follow, that's when they'd have to get to work.

To me, Coachella is the promo for the band. That performance, if successful, will kick off the tour with a HUGE shot in the arm.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

To me, Coachella is the promo for the band. That performance, if successful, will kick off the tour with a HUGE shot in the arm.

True. Hope it goes a little better than the 2002 VMA's. 18

But I think after Coachella, the cat is out of the bag, so to speak. Then they can open up about the recent past and how this all came about and what plans they may have for the future. If they choose to go that route, and I hope they do.

Board footer