You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Something is up with Pitman

buzzsaw wrote:

When did we become a bunch of pussies?  If that's going after band members, none of you would have survived the Finck era.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

When did we become a bunch of pussies?  If that's going after band members, none of you would have survived the Finck era.

It's not really 'going after them'. Feel free to do so.
But he comes off as a 12yo fanboy.
We are not stupid, we can read and watch interviews, we have our own ideas and we express them.
Just stop posting about the same one thing everywhere. You don't like the nuGuns guys. Great! Again, we get it.
I'm not the only one who noticed it.

And below something from the past week because i don't have anything better to do with 10 mins of my life now.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pitman is a poor man's teddy zig zag that knows synth and pro tools. Nothing more. Remember that.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching Pitman from O2 2012 he is wearing a fucking mid drift shirt. He adds subbassom every fucking song. It buries shit in the mix and sounds too mushy. He needs to go.

FRANK CANNOT PLAY BROWN STONE AT ALL. horrible.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I was kidding with "he gone". They clearly didn't like him running his dick sucker though.

Smoking Guns wrote:

That is what I told you guys a few weeks ago that I didn't like Pitman running his yap and this should be about Axl, Duff, and Slash right now because nobody gives a shit about Pit honestly and it creates a distraction like it is now.

Smoking Guns wrote:

The line from Pitman that should ENRAGE you is his carefree attitude about putting an album out. Where in the world of Slash and Duff (Real Guns) they can't imagine not putting out music. With Slash and Duff back in the band Mother Goose better get on board or Fuck Off

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is a tool and also worked with tool.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Here is the interview. TOOL

Smoking Guns wrote:

That guy is a fucking clownshow. Said guns doesn't release albums because nobody buys them. So he is in no hurry. Major tool. This interview is on YouTube if you want to see for yourself.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Remember when Fortus said he turned down a chance to jam with Slash at a thin Lizzy gig so he wouldn't hurt Axl's feelings now he will be doing a fucking tour with him.  Hahaha. But it is cool cause Axl said it was. Haha

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

For everyone bashing me and worshiping Pitman, remember, it was Axl, not me, that basically told him to shut the fuck up.

You guys crack on Sorum, I say nothing.

You guys say Adler is a junkie and will never be involved, I don't attack you.

Chris brought this on himself to a point. Saying stupid shit on you tube and making the reunion all about you can rub people the wrong way.

In this very thread someone claimed more bass makes the sound more dynamic. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read here.

I will drop Pitman because you guys love him so much.... I still feel for GNR he brings nothing to the table. There was no "pitman" in original GNR, the Stones, Aerosmith, AC/DC. It's only rock n roll. The more layers of shit your remove from CD the better it sounds.   

Let's move on for fucks sake.

I am the only person on the board going to Coachella. Guess that makes me a shitty fan. I am passionate about GNR. Which means I will have strong opinions. And I will call a spade a spade. A lot of gimmies rustled in this thread and it is pretty fucking funny.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
supaplex wrote:

It's not really 'going after them'. Feel free to do so.
But he comes off as a 12yo fanboy.
We are not stupid, we can read and watch interviews, we have our own ideas and we express them.
Just stop posting about the same one thing everywhere. You don't like the nuGuns guys. Great! Again, we get it.
I'm not the only one who noticed it.

What do you want? Ban SG for not liking Pitman? Change his posting style?

This is not the place to discuss other forum members. Flame wars get boring for the rest of us real fast.

If you don't like it just ignore it. He's within the rules.

And that's the end of this.

Sky Dog wrote:

Pitman co-wrote Madagascar and If The World.....he is no ZIG-ZAG by any stretch. What are you gonna say when he is heavily involved in the next album which Duff and Slash will be a part of?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Pitman co-wrote Madagascar and If The World.....he is no ZIG-ZAG by any stretch. What are you gonna say when he is heavily involved in the next album which Duff and Slash will be a part of?

If he is an important writing partner of course I would embrace it! 

Madagascar is not a great track but I LOVE if the world!  He may be a very valuable member but I did not like his recent tweets and his interview. That is when my opinion of him changed.

I may be too hard on him and if I am I will admit and give him credit.

And I like Fortus a lot. But I do want to see the AFD 5 play some tunes together for sure.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
TheMole wrote:
faldor wrote:

Nor does it mean you have to undervalue his role. I'm beginning to think Pitman banged your girlfriend. The only reasonable explanation for the amount of hatred you throw his way.

I really, really, don't get this. Why could he not just dislike his contributions, why does it need to be irrational hate if he disagrees with your opinion?

Nowhere did I say he had to like his contributions. Nowhere did I say he had to like the guy at all. Nowhere did I say he had to agree with my opinion, nor did I even state my own opinion on Chris as a matter of fact. I have nothing against the guy, but I'm far from a Mother Goose fan club card carrying member.

As many others have mentioned, SG has been taking jabs at Pitman for some time now. We get it. He doesn't like the guy. No need to repeat it ad nauseum. Not sure what that accomplishes. He's a hard core fan, no doubt. He spent a grand to go to Coachella. I just hope if Pitman is on stage that night it doesn't take away from his experience. Because from some of his posts, it worries me that it will. I understand we'd all like Izzy to be involved, and Steven in some way at least. But for me, I could care less if there were 8 keyboard players on stage with Axl, Slash, and Duff. I guess that's the disconnect. We've waited so long for this moment and we're going to be brought to our knees because of Chris Motherfucking Pitman? Say it ain't so Joe.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Side note: I went to a Grace Potter concert last night. They had 2 drummers playing and they sounded amazing!!!!  An Adler Sorum or Frank Sorum or Frank Adler duel drums would sound so cool. That was a great concert, her band is very talented. Point is, I think 2 drum kits would kick ass!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I have never brought up Pitman until the past 2 weeks maybe. The YouTube interview and social media posts just rubbed me the wrong way and it rubbed Axl the wrong way too. I will enjoy the show either way if Pitman is or is not there. Everybody relax and thanks Mole and Pollux for sticking up for me!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I have never brought up Pitman until the past 2 weeks maybe. The YouTube interview just rubbed me the wrong way and it rubbed Axl the wrong way too. I will enjoy the show either way if Pitman is or is not there. Everybody relax and thanks Mole and Pollux for sticking up for me!

I don't think that's true. My recollection is you were talking negatively about him well before that YouTube video 2 weeks ago. That's why I don't get it. If it was because of that video, then fine, understandable. But this started way before then as I recall. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Hope you have a kickass time at Coachella! Hope you get to see Izzy and Steven play a few tunes at the very least. And I hope you make an honest woman out of that girlfriend of yours. Maybe a Coachella proposal? What better time and place? If she's going with you, she deserves it. No pressure or anything. 16

Board footer