You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Something is up with Pitman

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I have never brought up Pitman until the past 2 weeks maybe. The YouTube interview and social media posts just rubbed me the wrong way and it rubbed Axl the wrong way too. I will enjoy the show either way if Pitman is or is not there. Everybody relax and thanks Mole and Pollux for sticking up for me!

And me!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I have never brought up Pitman until the past 2 weeks maybe. The YouTube interview just rubbed me the wrong way and it rubbed Axl the wrong way too. I will enjoy the show either way if Pitman is or is not there. Everybody relax and thanks Mole and Pollux for sticking up for me!

I don't think that's true. My recollection is you were talking negatively about him well before that YouTube video 2 weeks ago. That's why I don't get it. If it was because of that video, then fine, understandable. But this started way before then as I recall. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Hope you have a kickass time at Coachella! Hope you get to see Izzy and Steven play a few tunes at the very least. And I hope you make an honest woman out of that girlfriend of yours. Maybe a Coachella proposal? What better time and place? If she's going with you, she deserves it. No pressure or anything. 16

A Coachella engagement would be unique!  I have spent $3,000 for this damn trip all non refundable. Haha. That includes her airplane ticket and concert, plus hotel and rent a car.

I really only started ranting on Pitman after the YouTube video. Before then I was indifferent.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

For everyone bashing me and worshiping Pitman, remember, it was Axl, not me, that basically told him to shut the fuck up.

Not bashing you and i'm definitely not a fan of Pitman just would appreciate if you would tone it down a little. If you don't feel like it then keep going. I'm done with the subject.

polluxlm wrote:

What do you want? Ban SG for not liking Pitman? Change his posting style?

If you don't like it just ignore it. He's within the rules.

And that's the end of this.

Nope, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Just that he came off really childish regarding said subject.
And i was obviously not the only one with that opinion.

This will be my last post on the subject.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

^ Yeah, I'm not singling you out. Just a reminder to all.

The good thing is all of this shows we care about this band, after all the fucking shit.

It is still difficult to believe we have a reunion on the steps. Six months ago I was among those saying it would never happen any time soon. Slash and Axl back together? Those first pictures and video feeds will feel surreal.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what pitman does either 16 ..I'm with sg...typically a classic guitar based band does without that stuff...or its dealt with at the mixing board...but gnr is far from typical lol.

I haven't seen them since 2011 I think and I remember at times there was this massive wall of sound that didn't work quite right and drowned out Axl or Tommy...but not always...and I dunno of it was pitman or 3 guitarists...most of the shows and sound was fantastic tho...it's way too long ago to remeber specifics tho

that synth stuff is beyond me...regardless he is Axl's studio buddy so if Axl likes him that's all that matters...and if Axl, slash and duff are up there the rest is kind of moot...other orig members would be a bonus obviously but the current band has proven themselves vastly capable

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think it was done on purpose specifically to drown out Axl.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not attacking SG in the slightest BTW, but it hits me the same way that kid who used to rag on Ron EVERY. SINGLE. POST. And I'm not a Ron fan in the slightest, but I said the same thing; okay, we get it, you don't like him, point made. We don't need to keep going on about it.

And you have no idea how Axl felt about him being excited for the shows. That's becoming one of those assumptions that suddenly becomes a fact in peoples heads.There's a lockdown on info and the dude was giving us info... I think it was just info that ran contrary to the carwash. He was told to stop giving info.

God, that carwash...

Sky Dog wrote:

Smokin', Grace Potter is hot! Maybe she can join the Band of Gypsys too!!!!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Car Wash story said I would get to see a reunited Guns in 2016. That remains accurate and goes along with the plan of a US tour after Coachella. The only detail not 100% yet is Adler's involvement.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Smokin', Grace Potter is hot! Maybe she can join the Band of Gypsys too!!!!!

She was so awesome and the double drum kits was KILLER.

Board footer