You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Something is up with Pitman

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Also – and I fully acknowledge that I'm the weird one here – I really hope Fortus gets a few moments to shine in the show. Like, I kind of want him to continue taking one of the November Rain solos...

Pittman needs his time to shine too!  So he is going to sink SCOM, just a verse or two.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Also – and I fully acknowledge that I'm the weird one here – I really hope Fortus gets a few moments to shine in the show. Like, I kind of want him to continue taking one of the November Rain solos...

Pittman needs his time to shine too!  So he is going to sink SCOM, just a verse or two.

tejastech probably wouldn't mind that. 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

tejastech probably wouldn't mind that. 16

Impossible to be worse than Bridge School Axl, right? tongue

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I met pitman in Vegas. He looked like a backstreet boy reject.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

And one watches tv in his closet, another wears a KFC bucket on stage and talks through a doll. Axl certainly knew how to pick them.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

IF they are playing CD songs like the blues, madagascar, and this I love, let Fortus take those solos.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

same ol same ol.

no one from the band ever says much.  Pits just got a bit too excited there.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

IF they are playing CD songs like the blues, madagascar, and this I love, let Fortus take those solos.

I want to hear Slash's take on The Blues.

But I'm not opposed to Fortus having some solos too.. like Izzy used to anyway.   

Whatever, I'm just glad we are going to have some GnR performances to look forward to.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

ElevendayEmpire... if I could squeeze through the fiberoptic, bend you over my knee and spank that ass... I would. I can't believe you said what you said. Richard Fortus take over for Slash on NR, when Slash is on stage... the ONLY time that is even worthy of discussion is if the reunion was Slash & Buckethead, and even still -- no. Hell, I think Bucket would say "let Slash do it, let me do my own thing".

Even with this Mark XI lineup of Guns N' Roses, Slash will be getting ALL of the main classic solos (seeing as how he FUCKING WROTE THEM). Even if Dave Kushner (or my dream of Tommy Stinson) is on rhythm IF Izzy is not there, and Richard is on Lead 2, Richard will still back Slash, and ONLY play Slash's rhythm parts from the studio recordings. Slash will still get all lead parts live. That's a given.

However if a couple of Chinese songs survive on the set, I could see Richard being allowed lead on those songs, and Slash playing Bucket/Ron's parts for the shredding, possibly adding a bluesier effect for those choppy killswitch Bucket solos.

Regardless... it's hard to imagine two leads with Slash there. I just can't wrap my mind around it, and certainly not with Richard. Bucket, maybe, Richard, no. Even as good as he is, he and Slash's styles are very similar, and... just... no. Slash will do lead guitar and play his own solos. Richard will play Izzy's rhythm, and in a 3-guitar config, play Slash's rhythm.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If you already have Axl, Slash and Duff on stage? Would anyone give a rats ass if Nick Mason was part of a PF reunion? Looks like they didn't even care that Waters was missing back in 94.

The AFD lineup allows it to be marketed as an AFD reunion. Take one of those guys out of the equation and it cant be. If Izzy isn't along for the ride then there's zero point in bringing in Adler. If they don't want to or care about an AFD reunion then it can just be pushed as a reunion in general with the band's biggest stars upfront which looks to be how they are going to do it.

Its all in the presentation.

I'm also fairly certain the general public doesn't even know that Axl has been touring a different lineup for the past 16 years. They just think they broke up when Slash left.
Maybe if you gently prod someone you could coax a vague memory of something that happened in 2002 at an award show, but that's it.]

You might be exaggerating just a tad but I do agree that the CD era didn't really do much if any damage on pop culture's radar and you're right about the 02 VMA's being something that would likely get mentioned first. That was HUGE for about a week. People talked more about that comeback medley than they did the album's release.

Might get a music nerd to remember that 2003 IRS Trump leak. That made some waves but died when nobody could hear it.

edit: Oh yeah...Rio 01. Big news. US magazines covered that event. 2001... the year that this whole Chinese shindig should have started and finished.

and Buckethead. Ask anyone who was in the band 97-15 his name will be at the top of the list. Stinson second. The rest are tied for third.

Dude, the only people griping for the original AFD 5 are the absolute diehards. 95% of the general public, if not closer to 99% consider a reunion STRICTLY Axl & Slash.

Even when speaking of the new band, TONS of commenters on these websites I had viewed posted "fuck Buckethead" or "fuck Buckethead, finally a real guitarist" type comments when Bucket hasn't even been in GN'R for 12 years, possibly longer.

That's how utterly clueless the general public is. If GN'R tour with an AFD/UYI configuration lineup, it'll be strictly as a tip of the cap to the fans. Nothing more imo.

Because GN'R could still command top-dollar with just Axl & Slash (maybe not $4mil for festivals, but probably $2.5-3mil).

Board footer