You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Reunited GUNS N' ROSES To Play New T-Mobile Arena In Las Vegas

James wrote:

Well there's one known......shows seem able to sell out in minutes judging by these pre-sales. A fan logs in with their password and the only seat available resides somewhere in the Andromeda galaxy. They don't have to worry about vast empty sections a week before showtime like they did on past tours. At the Arco date in 2006 a day before cancellation you could go on Ticketmaster and grab 8 tickets all next to each other on the floor...or in any section of your choosing for that matter.

I don't think they are going to have this problem this time. Some fans think we may have overestimated the interest in this reunion. We may be underestimating it. I think we're in a situation where people who don't even really care that much will line up for tickets just so they can experience THE event.

20 years from now grandmas in their rocking chairs will be telling their grandchildren, "Yeah I saw those 2 sumbitches who said they'd NEVER perform together again. They performed that song I used to hear every few seconds when your grandpa watched football."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Any rumblings in Toronto,  hamilton or London ontario canada?

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Well there's one known......shows seem able to sell out in minutes judging by these pre-sales. A fan logs in with their password and the only seat available resides somewhere in the Andromeda galaxy. They don't have to worry about vast empty sections a week before showtime like they did on past tours. At the Arco date in 2006 a day before cancellation you could go on Ticketmaster and grab 8 tickets all next to each other on the floor...or in any section of your choosing for that matter.

I don't think they are going to have this problem this time. Some fans think we may have overestimated the interest in this reunion. We may be underestimating it. I think we're in a situation where people who don't even really care that much will line up for tickets just so they can experience THE event.

20 years from now grandmas in their rocking chairs will be telling their grandchildren, "Yeah I saw those 2 sumbitches who said they'd NEVER perform together again. They performed that song I used to hear every few seconds when your grandpa watched football."

We'll hold on, these are only 2 shows so far & people are travelling all over the world for them. You're definitely able to find 40,000 GnR fans to travel for these 2 gigs.
A more extensive tour then maybe you'll have to start relying on what I call the Brian Adams fans - the people who know the hits, the 2 songs, but go along for a night out because it's the thing to do.. Same thing with the stadium shows.

Not that it isn't a massive thing & really could go as massive as 88-93 if enough luck runs their way. I just think a lot of people at these first shows are hardcores while on a tour the interest & dedication will be much less due to the quality of fan/punter going. It's kinda why I want to see those first two shows instead of having to stand in a field with 40,000 passive observers. I want to be in that room with 20,000 GnR fans who are contributing to the show. Can you imagine how nuts that place will go when Jungle drops out of its intro into its bounce?! Fuck me man.. They should make the fuckin arena shake.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fair point......and once again.....feels similar to the SG blueprint for a reunion. when SG announced their first shows there was a fight for tickets with those. Then they pulled the same stunt....headlined a festival that would've sold out no matter who headlined. It's actually a good strategy. Regardless of the exact amount of interest it makes it appear it is THE hot ticket.

It's all in the presentation. I do think its going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread for the public during the first wave.....THEN they are going to have to actually do something to fuel continued interest. If the second wave is just the same dose of nostalgia with nothing else then its headed to arenas and if the third wave is the same....Mr Brownstone will be dancing in very small ampitheaters and clubs.

The CD era was already heading in that direction had it continued and yeah I know it could've sold stadiums in South America.

johndivney wrote:

There's a very real chance that's how it's going to go I feel.
I hope I'm wrong & I know I don't appear to be optimistic.. I will enjoy it tho.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Splat you are right! 7 weeks will be March. Hopefully there are no shows before Vegas.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

IMO is tied with Jungle as both the greatest album opener and concert opener ever.  When you're standing five feet away from her and that intro kicks in..... its like a religious experience.

Just want to say that my favorite Guns opener to a concert from bootlegs is Coma tongue. I don't think they'll be opening with that on the next tour.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Las Vegas will be about a $10,000,000 weekend gross. Average ticket is $250, approx 40,000 tickets. FUCK. show me the money!

AtariLegend wrote:

2 hours until the non pre-sale tickets go up? Really curious how fast these will sell.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I'll see how tomorrow plays out, then wait out the scalpers who I think overbought and overvalued this event.

THis is actually great advice...not just for GNR but any act. Talked to SG about this in PM how I was forced to do this for one of the MIA shows back in 08 when I couldn't get what I wanted right off the bat. It was a hassle and also a risk but that's how the market is today.

bigbri wrote:

No. I think we'll get one lineup. For the whole ball of wax.

I'm starting to feel this way as well, even more so after reading Stinson's latest comments.

Also take into consideration that even though the media is calling it a reunion, GNR is calling it a "regrouping". BIG difference.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am not familiar with Mia.. please post here best or most famous song and I will see if I remember her..

I don't want to derail this any more with MIA but you've certainly heard her most famous song Paper Planes.

Here's a few vids. I'll include the killer remix of PP from that soundtrack. I don't want to threadjack any of these GNR discussions as most people viewing these topics care about one thing.....GNR.....so if you want to discuss those songs(or her music in general) you can bump one of my old MIA threads or start a new one.

Love the drumming on the intro of ^ . It's Sepultra's drummer.

That song completely blew my mind when she leaked it in 07. Lyrics are ace but the drumming throughout that song is unreal. Too many years and drugs ago but I remember her talking about it back then saying how no other song ever recorded has such drumming. The song has tons of drumming from African tribes on it.  Maybe the musicians here could chime in on that aspect of the song.

^ IMO is tied with Jungle as both the greatest album opener and concert opener ever.  When you're standing five feet away from her and that intro kicks in..... its like a religious experience.

God she was amazing back then.

-----

It's great that you offering Evo members first dibs on your extra tickets. 5

Led Zeppelin's first 4 album openers destroy that song. And I'm sure there are many others as well. But you are right about Jungle. GNR made a great concept album without trying and Jungle is the perfect introduction.

Board footer