You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Buckethead vs. Slash - GN'R Member Elimination Series, Semi Final 1

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Slash is phenomenal. I wish he would have shown me what he could do without a singer with an instrumental album.

This. It is a travesty that we never got this sort of album from Slash in the 20 years he was gone from GNR. I think he could've done something incredible but I also think he was far too interested in being mainstream and always on the public's radar and wasn't willing to take the risk. He'd rather do Slither than Soothsayer. A shame.

The voting was over but I voted Slash. Bucket is better as a solo artist but he cant touch Slash when it comes to GNR. He just cant. I know Izzy was the main writer but without Slash's contributions to AFD I highly doubt that my 12 year old self runs to the mall in 1987 to buy AFD. Put any other guitarist at the time in GNR in place of Slash and the album doesn't take off.

I was on a trip for six days and missed all the key rounds of this elimination....which sucks. Some of these rounds were close.....too close(Duff-Izzy).

Funny how Buzz specifically logged in to give Slash a vote. Love ya Buzz. He wanted to make sure and cancel out a Bucket vote.

Vote for your favorite

Buckethead 36%
Slash 64%
Total votes: 25
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bucket x infinity

Slash = Jesus

Bucket = God

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are loco... Slash is fucking amazing (bucket is a guilty pleasure of mine too though)...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Shame that great solo, one of Slash's best was wasted on some no name. Should've been apart of the sequel to Estranged.

Give us thanks to the allmighty, for without you we would have nothing. Bless us.

bucket

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I just want to point one other thing out. I'm not a guitarist... Buckethead is the only man -- ever -- that has challenged, inspired me, and made me want to pick up a guitar and try to recreate the beautiful music that comes from his guitar.

I haven't really gotten around to it (I want the right equipment to pull it off), but that means something to me. Buckethead... makes me want to be more than I am.

AtariLegend wrote:

Slash obviously is more important to the legacy of the band, but that solo in There Was A Time is my favorite in the discography. Madagascar solo as well is pretty special to me too.

I'm really just disappointed most people when they put this album are going to be distracted by the mixing among other things before they get to those truly great moments.

Bucket deserved better and Axl you did too. Why on earth though did you do this to us tongue?

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are loco... Slash is fucking amazing (bucket is a guilty pleasure of mine too though)...

We're loco? You proved me and Bri's point by posting that vid. Where is an album full of THAT?? There isn't one(and never will be) and that is a damn shame.

Give us thanks to the allmighty, for without you we would have nothing. Bless us.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it....

If Bucket never enters the band, CD is still in demo purgatory either waiting for a guitarist to "take it to the next level" or is rotting in a vault because the label rejected it for the hundredth time. Other than CITR, those 99 demos aren't even close to being worthy of release. For the record I am NOT shitting on Finck and Huge. It just doesn't work. Its just a mess of sound. I'd like to call it a sound of nothingness but unfortunately we hear something. If something organic would've been allowed maybe the two of them could've improved it a bit. MAYBE.  I like Huge(and Finck) but I don't think the two of them alone had chemistry. They needed those herbs and spices that fate was sending their way.

noise pollution. Iovine probably fell out of his chair laughing when he first heard that. When he handed it back to Axl, Iovine was probably wearing a "Where's Slash?" shirt.

That's the sound of one man turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit, imagine that solo from Street Child (the above Slash Video) as the TIL solo.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

@jameslofton, here is another Slash instrumental that will blow your mind.

James

James wrote:

Wow. 21 That's some heavy shit. In portions of that track he is stepping a bit outside his comfort zone. Of course he then jumps back into "Slash mode" and I can easily imagine him Marlboro in mouth standing on a piano doing what he does best.  One thing he has going against him to a degree is that his tone is too distinct. This is a plus AND a minus to a certain extent.

Its interesting how many people complain about Bucket's character yet Slash is a much larger than life character than Bucket....he just lacks the eccentricities.

Board footer