You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed, and it seems to be the only logical explanation as to why he's there, and not an equal member of the band in this new "re-grouping" as they call it. Same with Izzy. Izzy doesn't want to be involved.

But I don't feel that because Dizzy made (in theory) that decision, that it warrants people acting like it "confirms he was ALWAYS a touring piano player. He's not GN'R "

Come the fuck on. That shit was why I started this debate to begin with. It's unfair, I don't buy it, he's got 2nd seniority with GN'R and has never left nor never been disloyal, he's written songs with Axl.

Dizzy is original GN'R, regardless of business arrangement. I just don't understand why he's been dropped from the brand recognition, being he's IN THE HALL OF FAME with the other three and has 25 years of service. That part stumps me. hmm

End point

I don't think it was Dizzy's choice as it wasn't Matt's or Richards. Axl got the name and did it, in his mind, to be the protector of GNR, and he wasn't sharing the power with anyone, especially when he felt he was the only one who could/should handle it. When the original members left, that was it. He wasn't giving squat away to anyone. Not even a crumb of a percentage.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Dizzy Reed also doesn't sell tickets. Not one extra tickets gets sold with or without Dizzys presence at these shows. Therefore why waste advertising time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not one extra ticket gets sold for Duff McKagan either. Not fucking one. Duff = Dizzy

But that seems to be a point lost on all of you. Goddamn...

axl + 21 = Guns N' Roses $2500 VIP Experience

Period

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I agree, it's the Axl and Slash show.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I don't see the confusion. It doesn't matter how long Dizzy has been there, not all relationships are equal. And he wasn't on AfD. He's in the same boat as Matt and Gilby.

A Private Eye

Axlin16 wrote:

Not one extra ticket gets sold for Duff McKagan either. Not fucking one. Duff = Dizzy

But that seems to be a point lost on all of you. Goddamn...

axl + 21 = Guns N' Roses $2500 VIP Experience

Period

I disagree.

Slash and Axl is the meal ticket no doubt and is the difference between playing half full arenas and stadiums. No question.

However does Axl and Slash AND Duff add further value, yes imo.

The promoters obviously think so too or his name wouldnt be all over the videos and press releases.

To the mainstream Duffs presence adds further legitimacy to the reunion and can be sold as such.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl & Duff did SEVERAL shows in 2014 with DJ, Ron, Richard, Frank, Dizzy & Chris.

It was publicly talked about. News articles in Rolling Stone & Billboard. "DUFF MCKAGAN RETURNS TO GUNS N' ROSES"

Not one fucking ticket went up in price

The tour DID NOT SELL MORE than the previous tours

It was New GN'R business as usual, the only fucking difference was they played "Raw Power" & "Attitude" from Spaghetti

GN'R was NOT a more valued brand, because Duff McKagan was there. Nobody cared, outside of diehards.

But Slash comes back... and all of the sudden, it's $300 tickets, $1,000 scalping, and $2500 for some fucking snails & crackers served by Del goddamn James

Which leads me back AGAIN... why Duff and not Dizzy Reed

A Private Eye

Axl, Slash and Duff together has a value greater than any of them individually or as a double act.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Axl, Slash and Duff together has a value greater than any of them individually or as a double act.

Sum is greater than its parts.

Duff doesn't hold a lot of value on his own, but as part of a reunited GN'R package he does add a lot of legitimacy. Three is also always a great number.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Sum is greater than its parts.

Duff doesn't hold a lot of value on his own, but as part of a reunited GN'R package he does add a lot of legitimacy. Three is also always a great number.

Agree

Board footer