You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Nightrain Official Site

AtariLegend wrote:

On topic: Azoff has commented on this.

Q. Recently it was announced that Guns N’ Roses would be reuniting for Coachella. You once briefly managed the band, and Axl Rose said that you had tried to pressure him into reuniting the original group.

A. I would never go to an artist and say, “I want you to reunite.” If he had asked me if I thought it was a good idea, I would have said yes. But by the way, nobody tells Axl to do anything. He does what he wants to do.

Slash and Duff McKagan are terrific people. Axl is a complicated individual that I wish nothing but success for. I think this is a good historical moment that the public deserves to see. I hope it happens.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/arts/ … share&_r=2

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Azoff deserves respect from GNR fans. The only man on the planet who could get Chinese out and had he never been pushed out of the equation, we might have got that second album yet GNR fans mocked him years ago just because Axl accused him of trying to do exactly what is going on right now.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Azoff deserves respect from GNR fans. The only man on the planet who could get Chinese out and had he never been pushed out of the equation, we might have got that second album yet GNR fans mocked him years ago just because Axl accused him of trying to do exactly what is going on right now.

In fairness, that wasn't the only reason. Fair or not, there was a lot of questionable measures surrounding the release of the album and the lack of promotion. A "rushed" release, as ridiculous as that sounds.

But overall I agree. He was the one to get that mythical album out to the masses. How he got that lucrative deal done with Best Buy we'll never know. That was a prime time fleecing!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Azoff is a powerful guy in the industry and to be respected in his achievements for that reason....however I have to say...when I read Axl's side of affairs in the court documents that leaked from their dispute I really could see Axl's version of events made a lot of sense.

There's a lot about the way GNR is run that seems odd, but I also think it's a mistake to think Axl is always wrong either - the music business is a ruthless place.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Azoff is still a shill.

AtariLegend wrote:

The 2nd Mexico show is supposedly not far off sold out too. So that's going to be around 130K tickets over 2 shows gone. Not bad I think axlfortus21duff.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The 2nd Mexico show is supposedly not far off sold out too. So that's going to be around 130K tickets over 2 shows gone. Not bad I think axlfortus21duff.

They will make enough from April 8 to April 23 to not have to work for a long time.

AtariLegend wrote:
GN'R MODERATOR wrote:

feeling-lucky.jpg

Tune In Tomorrow.

Thanks for Riding the Nightrain.

Slane Castle?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Ireland seems like a good bet, but

Lord Henry confirmed today that there will be no show at Slane this year. Slane will return in 2017 when the Slane Distillery is completed.
    — Slane Castle (@slanecastle) February 15, 2016

src

johndivney wrote:

Boss.
Means start of euro tour/dates I imagine.

The RDS again or Aviva/Lansdowne Road?

Board footer