You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Nightrain Official Site

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm guessing the official forum is gone for good now tongue.

AtariLegend wrote:

So according to what I've gathered from MYGNR speculation these should all be sold out or almost.

JULY 01, 2016, SOLDIER FIELD, CHICAGO, IL UNITED STATES
JULY 16, 2016, ROGERS CENTRE, TORONTO, ON CANADA
JULY 19, 2016, GILLETTE STADIUM, FOXBORO, MA UNITED STATES
JULY 23, 2016, METLIFE STADIUM, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ UNITED STATES
AUGUST 09, 2016, AT&T PARK, SAN FRANCISCO, CA UNITED STATES
AUGUST 22, 2016, QUALCOMM STADIUM, SAN DIEGO, CA UNITED STATES

These should be not far off;

JUNE 23, 2016, FORD FIELD, DETROIT, MI UNITED STATES
JULY 14, 2016, LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD, PHILADELPHIA, PA UNITED STATES
JULY 29, 2016, ORLANDO CITRUS BOWL STADIUM, ORLANDO, FL UNITED STATES

...And this is a little bit slower;

JULY 12, 2016, HEINZ FIELD, PITTSBURGH, PA UNITED STATES

With the others unknown?

Does that sound right?

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

rough estimate for Philly is about 5,000 to 6,000 tix remaining, out of a total of roughly 50,000 tix.

however, it's tough to know for sure because within the last day or two, 2 full sections became available. pretty good seats in the first level (about halfway from the stage on both sides).

but it appears ticket continue to sell because there were first level seats available in the corners far from the stage and most of those are now gone. but again, I'm just wondering how accurate that map is since those 2 sections just popped up as available.

but if 5,000 - 6,000 is accurate, they may not sell out but should get pretty damn close.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
sandman wrote:

rough estimate for Philly is about 5,000 to 6,000 tix remaining, out of a total of roughly 50,000 tix.

however, it's tough to know for sure because within the last day or two, 2 full sections became available. pretty good seats in the first level (about halfway from the stage on both sides).

but it appears ticket continue to sell because there were first level seats available in the corners far from the stage and most of those are now gone. but again, I'm just wondering how accurate that map is since those 2 sections just popped up as available.

but if 5,000 - 6,000 is accurate, they may not sell out but should get pretty damn close.

Same thing when I checked Foxboro last weekend. I heard it was basically sold out so I went to check and you could get 5 tickets on the field/floor. The time before that I checked and the best you could get were in the 300 level. So tickets will probably be released along the way until they're all gone.

AtariLegend wrote:

I just went to read an article on the CNN website, seen an advert for Greatest Hits. It was definitely a new one.

I don't see how they could put out a volume 2 or a "Very Best Off" if they're going to be pushing the one already out on TV during the tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I just went to read an article on the CNN website, seen an advert for Greatest Hits. It was definitely a new one.

I don't see how they could put out a volume 2 or a "Very Best Off" if they're going to be pushing the one already out on TV during the tour.

So it was a new greatest hits package? Did it give any details?

Or do you mean it was a new add for the old package?

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

So it was a new greatest hits package? Did it give any details?

Or do you mean it was a new add for the old package?

This one and yes it was definitely a new video/advert.

guns-n-roses-greatest-hits-front-cover-2251.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ahh ok.

I see your point then.

Business Wise if you were going to release a new hits package it should be out by now to capitalise on the attention of cochella and the Axl/Dc stuff. Don't know about you guys but my facebook has become full of GNR stuff recently.

So it would be odd to drop a second greatest hits late in the game.

Then again....GNR often times things sort of badly to me. Like that secret show would have been awesome if it happened before the coachella announcement just out of the blue. But doing it after selling Coachella and Vegas tickets seemed backwards. Likewise although I take your point that they shouldn't do it - I can also imagine them dropping a record after the tour and not during/before like most bands.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

Ahh ok.

I see your point then.

Business Wise if you were going to release a new hits package it should be out by now to capitalise on the attention of cochella and the Axl/Dc stuff. Don't know about you guys but my facebook has become full of GNR stuff recently.

So it would be odd to drop a second greatest hits late in the game.

Then again....GNR often times things sort of badly to me. Like that secret show would have been awesome if it happened before the coachella announcement just out of the blue. But doing it after selling Coachella and Vegas tickets seemed backwards. Likewise although I take your point that they shouldn't do it - I can also imagine them dropping a record after the tour and not during/before like most bands.

Not necessarily. You only want (or need) to push one thing on the public at any one time; that's a basic rule of PR. At the moment, the thing you want to sell is the "regrouping", which basically sells itself. Better to keep the Best Of in reserve, for when interest in the regrouping starts to wane. The obvious time would be this holiday season, now that everyone's been reminded that GN'R exists, and they're on a break between the US tour and next year's likely Europe tour. To sweeten the deal for fans, Greatest Hits/Best Ofs usually include something "new" – either a newly recorded song or a remix or something from the vaults (hence Sympathy for the Devil on GH). So we could expect to see some new material around then.

2017's the anniversary of Appetite, so that'll be the selling point for next year (potential Izzy/Adler appearances on the tour, etc). And after that, I'd expect to see a new album, if they're planning to go the distance (much depends on whether there's new studio material on the inevitable Best Of collection).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They're definitely pushing GH and AFD so far.

You're right...logic and common sense tells us a new Best of in the fall, some sort of AFD deluxe edition in 2017....maybe new album/CDII late 17-mid 18.

I think they could have one out this summer but they're cutting it close if that were the case. Nothing has popped up yet. I figured they'd want a new comp out since both sides fought against GH.

Board footer