You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Izzy vs. Axl - GN'R Member Elimination Series, Semi Final 2

One of the greatest front-men of all time, W. Axl Rose.

Vote for your favorite

Izzy Stradlin 27%
Axl Rose 73%
Total votes: 22
BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He lost his mind today..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I threw a token vote Izzy's way and I certainly understand what he brought to the band and it was NEVER the same the moment he left but....

polluxlm wrote:

Axl is my favorite musician of all time.

Same. GNR were a huge part of my youth(good and bad) and that is because of Axl. He didn't write all the songs but he sang most of em. Along with his talent he had a killer image. A total bad ass. When watching Farm Aid in 1990 I didn't think I had ever saw anyone look as cool as that and even to this day I think its the best look he ever had.

I am glad I stopped listening to old GNR for years on end. When coming back to the forums after my hiatus last year and we were discussing some of the old stuff during the Ashba/Tommy/Ron departures and praying for a reunion, I started listening to some of it(specifically TSI at that moment) and it sounded fresh to my ears and reminded me of how incredible this band truly was and how its bordering on a crime that it imploded in 94. The world will never know what it truly lost. From 1994-2015 we likely would've had five, maybe six GNR albums, some live albums, demo box sets, Perfect Crime, etc. and of course tours on a mass scale.

Instead........we got Chinese Democracy. Yes it has some good songs(GREAT demos) and the 2000-04 lineup was a super group but it was NOT worth what GNR fans lost. They were our Stones...our Beatles....our Zeppelin.....etc. A once in a generation band that left far too early. They were only beginning. Imagine Zep stopping after IV. Imagine Physical Graffiti or In Through the Out Door never existing. There are GNR albums like that which will never exist.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Izzy is Izzy, and he's great. Irreplaceable... almost. Honestly, I think you can go pick out an Izzy in another band (think if Keith or Ronnie Wood were plugged into Guns).

But Axl Rose... goddamn... there is no other. Good or bad, Axl is one of a kind.

AtariLegend wrote:

If I was to take the point of view that "Chinese Democracy" is a solo album, then I'd still vote Axl.

For me Axl and Izzy are the most important bit. Slash is the musical X Factor that elevates it.

Board footer