You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: TOMMY STINSON: Classic GN'R Reunion 'Will BeHealing Thing' For Them"

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

They should just draw lots on these "meet the band" thingies. What's a few extra thousand dollars on a tour like this? Petty greed is what it comes off as.

It's not just GnR. This is part of the model now for arena/stadium headliners. Corporate rock won.
Ideally you'd like to think a band like GnR would appreciate the financial constraints of some of their fans but that's long since stopped being an issue. They'd prob cite their professional value but by the same token if that's the approach they take then by its very virtue it devalues the atmosphere - not that they should be doing the show for free, just some of the prices are totally extreme & exorbitant.

Reminds me a bit of that against me reinventing axl rose song..
Axl has always fought for himself, & his idea of what GnR is & deserves. But he's NEVER stood up for the fans.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

This is the coolest axl poster I had in my wall

2zhfn9z.jpg

Im npt sure u can fight in the ticketmaster/stub hub battle and win...it almost ruined PJ ... and downloading pretty much drove concert prices up and created vip packages

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

When I get home I will spite download AFD again. That'll show them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I agree that the contracts were renewed, at some point, to all the way up to the 2014 residency.

In around April, in South America, Ron 'quit', according to a "confirmed source with the band." Curiously, this was when Duff was around. It's tempting to think Ron and Duff had a heart-to-heart, and Duff recalled the way he felt in '97. Ron would've seen Slash coming, anyway, and he had been chronically unhappy with Guns since 2011. He'd attempted suicide on tour, because of his back injury and the medication he was on.

In May, it was reported that Axl was putting the band on hiatus after the residency. This ties in with what Tommy said, they all 'left it in Vegas'. Axl and Duff had their own plans to hatch, and it was probably up in the air who would get the call, eventually. This was apparently all right with Tommy as well, as he had personal issues coming up that would possibly hinder his future touring with Guns.

In mid-June, Appetite for Democracy Blu-Ray, from the 2012 residency, is finally released. Two weeks later, DJ posts his letter and the source confirms Ron has also left the band. The band was on hiatus, so big deal. The Occam's Razor solution offered by many here is that both Ron and DJ simply accomodated the Blu-Ray release by announcing their exits after it hit.

They all left for their own reasons. With Ron and DJ, it was the lack of new songs and an album, along with the likelier undertaking to purge the CD vault. There's less to be gained in royalties by putting in a new guitar solo to a decade-old track. Also, Ron was up to here with Team Brazil and their irreverent attitude towards him as an employee / contract player, despite the many times he did more than his share to save the day. DJ, well. He had the album thing, too, but also, he was taking the heat, left, right and center. Deservedly so, to a degree.

Not sure if anyone pointed it out or not (because I haven't read all the way through, but your timeline is off.

Appetite For Democracy came out in the summer of 2014, only a few months after the final show. DJ & Ron's confirmed exits were an entire year later, not two weeks.

Board footer