You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You make the mistake of thinking the average voter is as smart as you. He should be polling 20% going by what you hear about him, but he's actually doing alright. He's telling people what they want to hear. Some of it true, some of it less true. Lies don't matter for the Hillary supporters, why would they for Trump supporters? And he's consistent. He never concedes, never stops hammering the point. People like a man that doesn't apologize. It gives an aura of certainty and strength. Our politicians know all about that, only they are limited by the conventional rules of the game. Trump isn't. He can go anywhere, say anything. Appeal to anyone.  Facts? Who cares. Politics has never been about facts. It's about perception.

I believe it. 100 million people are silent voters in the US. Trump is bringing out a lot of those, Hillary is bringing none. Probably losing a fair bit compared to Obama. That picture of her walking up the stairs is a great symbol, she's literally being propped up in every way. That's what the media don't get. People already mistrust them, so any piece on Trump will just gain him publicity. 60% of Americans don't believe the media in the last gallup. With Trump that number has likely spiked.  Who was it that said, 'Barring a dead girl or a live boy, any publicity is good publicity'? He's using their best weapon against hem. Look at those rallies, he's doing a stadium tour. And all the while the media is desperate to show that he is actually losing badly. Protesting a bit hard, no? 3 months left and they're already firing all cylinders. They're scared.

I think fear of admitting you support Trump is a very real phenomenon. Trump is crushing Hillary in anonymous polls. And think about all those people not voting. It's because they have lost faith. Donald Trump is rebuilding that faith by the day. That's more powerful than any political platform. The hardcore democrat or republican core is not deciding this election, nor is the intellectual elite. This is the time for the downtrodden, bitter and angry.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CptvTQ7VMAA2PAB.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpwbipqVMAEbgcj.jpg:large

lmao are you kidding me with this? Did you photo shop this yourself?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Cramer wrote:

She's been in "Scandal after scandal" and exonerated for each one over the last 30 years. Again I ask you guys, how could this be? You could this be that the same group of people who spend MILLIONS of dollars to prosecute her (Republicans) always find her innocent?

Either she's amazingly elusive, or the GOP has created a cartoon character villain to attack that simply does not exist. Just like Obama coming for your guns...never happened did it? There is a reason for all this.

Lol... You are lucky John KASICH didn't win the nomination. This would be an epic beat down. Why is it he doesn't have all the baggage Hilary does? Cause he isn't shady as fuck. And there is too much smoke for none of this Hillary stuff to be true. Be objective and realize she is a snake and we all know this. It doesn't mean she would be a "bad" president. I think she would be much better than Obama actually. Obama is likely the worst president since Jimmy Carter, but, he is a cool cat which is why most ignore his short comings. He is a great orator, good looking, funny, shoots hoops. I like everything about him except his political beliefs.

LOL! Holy fuck! Kasich? The only "good" thing he did was accept Obamacare when nearly every other Republican Governor rejected the help, but he wanted to end regulations, like making sure the food we eat is safe, end madicaid and food stamps, while increasing defense spending... BTW, why he had to accept Obamacare help is that under his watch Ohio lead the nation in infant mortality, and after Obamacare saved his ass... He vows to destroy it, the stupid, slimy cunt... He passed a law that BANNED anyone to help a rape victim seek help to end a rape pregnancy. He was managing director for Lehman Brothers during all that SHADY shit. And he believed in legislating from the bible.

He would have been Bob Dole. He just wasn't an ass clown in public.

SG, I gave you an unbiased list of accomplishments that has happened under Obama, how in the holy fuck can you look at job growth, the economy bouncing back, and unemployment falling and say he's been one of our worst presidents? Its disingenuous to outright lying.

ID really believes the unemployment rate is 4.9%.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Some people choose to look at real life instead of manufactured numbers ID.  You should try looking around you instead of believing everything you're told.  Granted I have more insight into the job market than most, but still...anyone with 2 eyes can see how many are unemployed or underemployed.  Anyone with 2 eyes can see that many of the jobs created are shitty jobs, but hey, you keep pushing your numbers that say everything is great.

I"m sure you'd be saying the same thing if Romney was POTUS and UE was @ 5%. Right?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID really believes the unemployment rate is 4.9%.

You guys are so strange. It's like some sort of alternate universe you exist in.

Science has a "liberal bias". Economic numbers are only to believed by rubes. Polling data can't be trusted. Long form birth certificates ONLY.

On and on you all go...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Some people choose to look at real life instead of manufactured numbers ID.  You should try looking around you instead of believing everything you're told.  Granted I have more insight into the job market than most, but still...anyone with 2 eyes can see how many are unemployed or underemployed.  Anyone with 2 eyes can see that many of the jobs created are shitty jobs, but hey, you keep pushing your numbers that say everything is great.

That's great advice coming from someone who doesn't believe in facts or reality.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://qz.com/666311/why-americas-impre … ike-a-lie/

http://ijr.com/2015/02/246558-gallup-ce … ment-rate/

Try reading fellas... They are bullshit jobs and people that gave up looking for work. Real unemployment is in the high 9's.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Another article from the liberal Huff Post saying basically the same thing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3619152

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Yes, but as it's been pointed out several times, you're simply changing the metric to arrive at your talking points. What somebody "Feels like" is  completely irrelevant when it pertains to economic data. Likewise, this method was not applied to any President prior by the GOP, only Obama. Why is this?

And of course numbers don't tell "the entire story." Nobody has ever made the argument that they do.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Another article from the liberal Huff Post saying basically the same thing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3619152

The Liberal Huffington post isn't making this claim. They are writing an article about a conservative who who is. Hardly a shocker, it's what all Republicans say now that Obama is president. Again, were any of you applying this metric to prior presidents? Of course not.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

....and if/when Trump gets elected all of these numbers will suddenly be accurate? All economics problems will be solved?

This just all sounds like someone who made up their minds 8 years ago....that nothing good could possibly happen....ever again....until a Republican is back in office.

I just don't understand any of this....

Republicans....for the last 8 years....have intentionally been doing harm to our economy. INTENTIONALLY! Shutting down the federal government...accomplishing NOTHING.

And what exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish....do you really think the unemployment rate could get down to 0? How would you define that anyway? Are we trying to get back to a time where children ages 12-18 are also employed in some form?

Again, I ask you, what the fuck do you care about the unemployment rate? How does it effect you? Who gives a shit about any of it honestly...it means nothing...other than political talking points....

Generic Republican says, "the unemployment rate is 4.9%...just think about how low it would be if a Republican were in office."

Generic Republican says, "the unemployment rate is 4.4%....just think about how low it would be if a Republican were in office."

Generic Republic says, "the unemployment rate is 7%...and those damn liberals are too lazy to get a job...."

It just never ends....it's circular logic. I honestly believe that Republicans loath public sector/government corruption, but when it comes to private corruption/collusion/monopoly...they will turn a blind eye every time.

Board footer