You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

younggunner wrote:

congress should consider Obamas view of this issue circa 2006.........Obama: "As we all know, there has been a lot of discussion in the country about how the Senate should approach this confirmation process. There are some who believe that the President, having won the election, should have complete authority to appoint his nominee and the Senate should only examine whether the Justice is intellectually capable and an all-around good guy; that once you get beyond intellect and personal character, there should be no further question as to whether the judge should be confirmed. I disagree with this view. I believe firmly that the Constitution calls for the Senate to advise and consent. I believe it calls for meaningful advice and consent and that includes an examination of a judge’s philosophy, ideology, and record. [Congressional Record]" He then urged all senators to reject Alito's nomination.

That's fine.

At least the nomination was brought up for debate and Alito was ultimately confirmed.

McConnell has pretty much said that there won't even be a vote.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I wouldn't be too worried...  There will be a vote. Relax.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- So much for Bernie Sanders' big win in New Hampshire.

ince then, Hillary Clinton has picked up endorsements from 87 more superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention, dwarfing Sanders' gain from the New Hampshire primary, according to a new Associated Press survey. Sanders has added just 11 superdelegate endorsements.

If these party insiders continue to back Clinton overwhelmingly — and they can change their minds — Sanders would have to win the remaining primaries by a landslide just to catch up. He would have to roll up big margins because every Democratic contest awards delegates in proportion to the vote, so even the loser can get some.

After the contests in Iowa and New Hampshire, Sanders has a small 36-32 lead among delegates won in primaries and caucuses. But when superdelegates are included, Clinton leads 481-55, according to the AP count. It's essentially a parallel election that underscores Clinton's lopsided support from the Democratic establishment.

The disparity is sparking a backlash among some Sanders supporters, who complain that the Democratic nominating process is decidedly undemocratic, rigged in favor of Clinton.

http://news.yahoo.com/despite-nh-loss-d … tion.html#

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I really like Kasich. Seems like a good, genuine,noble man.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I really like Kasich. Seems like a good, genuine,noble man.

Yea.

Its too bad republicans are drawn to psychos like Ted Cruz and blowhards like Donald Trump. 

Kasich is their best candidate and would be the toughest in a general election against Hillary or Bernie.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- So much for Bernie Sanders' big win in New Hampshire.

ince then, Hillary Clinton has picked up endorsements from 87 more superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention, dwarfing Sanders' gain from the New Hampshire primary, according to a new Associated Press survey. Sanders has added just 11 superdelegate endorsements.

If these party insiders continue to back Clinton overwhelmingly — and they can change their minds — Sanders would have to win the remaining primaries by a landslide just to catch up. He would have to roll up big margins because every Democratic contest awards delegates in proportion to the vote, so even the loser can get some.

After the contests in Iowa and New Hampshire, Sanders has a small 36-32 lead among delegates won in primaries and caucuses. But when superdelegates are included, Clinton leads 481-55, according to the AP count. It's essentially a parallel election that underscores Clinton's lopsided support from the Democratic establishment.

The disparity is sparking a backlash among some Sanders supporters, who complain that the Democratic nominating process is decidedly undemocratic, rigged in favor of Clinton.

http://news.yahoo.com/despite-nh-loss-d … tion.html#

The far left are as out of touch as the right. They seriously believe only Bernie can win, or at least, trying convince everyone of that. As a Hilary supporter, its pretty fucking disgusting how the left has treated her, all the way back to 08 when they demanded her to drtop out of the race when she did, which I still disagree with, but I digress...

Sanders comment that his $15 an hour minimum wage increase will just cost you a couple more cents for your hamburger was insulting. Is he that out of touch? It will creep into  every facet of the working class, not to mention it would lead to major cut backs in hours and hiring full time workers. He has no plan to pay for his 70 billion a year free college plan. Forcing Wall Street to cover it isn't going to do it - which was his answer... Seriously.

Hilary supports $12 an hour.
Obama supports $10.10 an hour.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

$10.00 is perfectly fine. THESE ARE STARTER JOBS NOT MEANT TO LIVE IN FOREVER.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hillary is 200% a more qualified better candidate than Bernie. The extreme liberals are fucking her over twice. I am a conservative but if Hillary won, oh well. If Bernie won, FUCK ME.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Saw the CBS debate from a few days ago. What a bitchfest. Embarrassing to be honest.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

$10.00 is perfectly fine. THESE ARE STARTER JOBS NOT MEANT TO LIVE IN FOREVER.

Those are the best jobs some people can get, especially if you're black and Latino, or poor white.

Board footer