You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You think we're not divided now?  The great Obama has done more to divide this country than any president that I can remember. Trump exists politically as a response to what's going on now.

I'm not a trump supporter btw. But I b do understand why we're where we are at. People are finally getting fed up. This is a good thing. I wish it had a better face right now, but regardless I'm glad someone is shaking things up.

You do know the constant vilification of him by the GOP contributed to that, right?

Besides, the question I asked in all seriousness, is how do I look past the hate?

And you are ok with the blatant hate coming along for the ride?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You think we're not divided now?  The great Obama has done more to divide this country than any president that I can remember. Trump exists politically as a response to what's going on now.

I'm not a trump supporter btw. But I b do understand why we're where we are at. People are finally getting fed up. This is a good thing. I wish it had a better face right now, but regardless I'm glad someone is shaking things up.

You do know the constant vilification of him by the GOP contributed to that, right?

Besides, the question I asked in all seriousness, is how do I look past the hate?

I would like him to take a stand against the nasty stuff that goes down at his rallies.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I would like him to take a stand against the nasty stuff that goes down at his rallies.

He won't. He ENCOURAGES it. That's sick, wouldn't you agree? How would he use the CIA, the FBI or the Secret Service against people?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Did you miss the I'm not a trump supporter part?

Obama embraced black lives matter. That group doesn't hate?  There's a lot of hate to go around. On all sides.

What we need is a uniter, not another divider (though in the opposite direction).  That person isn't on the political radar.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

He won't. He ENCOURAGES it. That's sick, wouldn't you agree? How would he use the CIA, the FBI or the Secret Service against people?

Probably the same way Obama does. It's not a good environment we are in.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Obama embraced black lives matter. That group doesn't hate?  There's a lot of hate to go around. On all sides.

What we need is a uniter, not another divider (though in the opposite direction).  That person isn't on the political radar.

Yes, I read that, but you said you are glad someone is shaking things up. The dude doing the shaking is Trump. That's the problem.

And Black Lives Matter and white supremacists are not the same thing, nor is Obama and Trump. You've proven yourself over the years to be a smart guy, I know you know the difference.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yes, I read that, but you said you are glad someone is shaking things up. The dude doing the shaking is Trump. That's the problem.

And Black Lives Matter and white supremacists are not the same thing, nor is Obama and Trump. You've proven yourself over the years to be a smart guy, I know you know the difference.

I think they are way more alike than you think. Look into black lives matter a little more.   You might be surprised.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

If there was a white lives matter organization, people would throw a fucking fit. If they said some of the things black lives matter says, people would throw a fucking fit. That's as racist of a group that there is, but because they are black, they are given a pass and even embraced by a black president.

This isn't the 50s. As far as I know the kkk isn't hanging people. They are outspoken about their beliefs as uncivilized as those beliefs might be. Kind of like blm. Being black doesn't make it ok to be a racist.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Black Lives Matter is the biggest fucking sham going right now. "Fry a big", "Burn this mother fucker down", on and on. They caused a lot of shit at university of Missouri too.

The KKK are some sick fuckers too.

No Trump is not some damn Klan member.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I could flood this thread with videos and stories of people being "roughed up" at Trump rallies, and that's a term he himself used.

Of course you are going to get roughed up going to a Trump rally shouting anti slogans. That would happen anywhere. The videos I saw on youtube were certainly primitive, but nothing disturbing. I didn't exactly get a white supremacist vibe from it. I mostly saw extremely enthusiastic Americans cheering Trump like he was the second coming.

If Trump was really a racist he would not get the significant minority support he is getting right now. He is leading the polls, not because of "hate", but because he manages to present himself as real. Trump is at heart liberal, I don't think that has changed. He is appealing to something else. Something more primal.

Trump and many of his supporters scare me, literally. He wants to throw out immigrants, encourages violence against people who disagree with him, hell he even wants to go after my profession, journalism (that's what North Korea does).  I'm seriously afraid of what would happen if he's president.

Tell me why I shouldn't be? And that's a serious question. Tell me how I can overlook all the hate just to accept someone who's not a politician, who is not establishment.

Trump is pandering, but he's no fool. Being President would not make him an untouchable dictator. He would need to deal with the facts on the ground. Millions of immigrants are not being thrown out because the economy couldn't handle it. If he gets the job I'm not sure what type of President he would be, but I'm not at all worried he's going to do anything incredibly stupid. Likely he would do his best to be remembered as a good President, and that would mostly entail doing reasonable things.

Board footer