You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Rumor: IZZY STRADLIN To Take Limited Role In Reunion Rea

According to The Pulse Of Radio, the latest rumor emanating from MyGNRForum.com regarding the GUNS N' ROSES reunion says that founding guitarist Izzy Stradlin will participate "for sure" in what has been described as a "limited" capacity. Stradlin seems like he will at least perform with the group at its two early April shows in Las Vegas, although whether he will appear at other gigs remains to be seen.

The same sources at the fan forum also said that there was "still discussion" about original drummer Steven Adler participating in the reunion at some level, while the name of his replacement, Matt Sorum, did not come up in the conversation.

GUNS N' ROSES has so far announced five headlining performances in April, including two in Las Vegas and two at California's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, with original members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan slated to perform together again for the first time in 22 years.

The rest of the band's lineup for the shows — and a potential tour later in the year — remains unclear, although keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus, keyboard player Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer are all believed to be involved.

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

Fan speculation around the involvement of original members Stradlin and Adler has been heavy, with Stradlin reportedly not interested in doing extensive touring and the band members not sure whether Adler, who has a longer history of drug problems than any of the other members, can hold it together on the road.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n … BIQahVz.99

johndivney wrote:
Slash McKagan wrote:

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

Part of me wants this to be true & part of me believes this is true. In that I can easily imagine it being the case: the only time Axl will share breathing space with Slash is on stage.

Maybe not tho..
Maybe it's all hunky dory & Slash kissed the ring.. We'll probably never know, except for those "insiders", they'll know..

johndivney wrote:

Best song ever:

That's what they should name this tour.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Blabbermouth, altnation, mygnr... Those are the perfect ingredients for a bullshit stew.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Blabbermouth, altnation, mygnr... Those are the perfect ingredients for a bullshit stew.

LMAO!  +1

I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy is indeed involved, I'll even be as bold as saying it's likely to happen...  but this article is nothing but a circle jerk.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Saying Izzy will be involved isn't an earthshatteting development or big assumption, the dude has played on every other GNR tour for the last 10 years. This just in, water is wet. 16

AtariLegend wrote:

He toured again in 93 after he left... and the only tour between then and 06 was 02. He might as well have never left to an extent. If you consider the supposed writing sessions in 95 too and "Down by the Ocean" it's a bit disappointing biographies never mention him post 91.

Any rumors that originate from MYGNR should never get their own thread. It's just "insiders" predicting the safe things we already knew or expected. It's really quite obnoxious.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think we get AFD 5 at Vegas for a few songs.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I think they should leave Steven out of it.   Here is why.

They can milk this thing longer if they don't bring out the AFD 5.

Bring out the AFD 5 in the future.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I think they should leave Steven out of it.   Here is why.

They can milk this thing longer if they don't bring out the AFD 5.

Bring out the AFD 5 in the future.

If they milk it til the AFD 30 the build up could be pretty big. But if he is able and ready for the task I would love to see him involved as soon as possible. Especially with Izzy here and there. They might not get another opportunity for the original 5. Lots can go wrong in one show. Not saying I think it will but the possibility that this falls apart is there.

Board footer