You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Update from Izzy Stradlin

sp1at wrote:
Will wrote:

Izzy phoned me earlier tonight. It is 100% Izzy on Twitter. He tried to verify twice by email but everyone saying "he's been hacked" got me paranoid (especially when seeing my forum posts shared in the wider media). Asked the account to email me a photo with todays date or phone me..... he called and I knew instantly it was him.

No doubt whatsoever 9

Cool experience. Izzy's twitter handle makes sense if nothing else.

Do you think Izzy's messages are a double bluff? It would follow the whole reunion promotion theme so far.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Cool experience. Izzy's twitter handle makes sense if nothing else.

Do you think Izzy's messages are a double bluff? It would follow the whole reunion promotion theme so far.

Honestly no idea at all hmm I'm not sure what to believe anymore given how upside down the GNR world seems to have turned in the last 6 months or so 16

We are waiting on verification from Twitter . "Be patient,can take a while" according to their website . Izzy

^ Izzys latest tweet. If it is a double bluff at least I won't have a lynch mob looking to hang me from the nearest lamp post 22 Source

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The thought did cross my mind. Would make sense, but also, it could be just Izzy taking a piss at the whole brouhaha and giving his Indiana mate a hearty laugh.

Smoking Guns wrote:

SLASH AND DEL PIC HAS SURFACED!

Care to guess if Axl took the pic? 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't you mean a bluff? A double bluff would mean he wants people to be disappointed when he isn't there come April. Tell the truth when people won't believe it. Not nitpicking, just checking to see if I get the meaning correct.

I don't see a bluff or a double bluff making any sense. Making people think you aren't coming when you actually are is something Axl or Slash could do. Izzy wouldn't get nearly the same response to justify not promoting this as a bona fide reunion, merely for the sake of some last minute reveal. And a double bluff would just make the fans disappointed when he's not part of it and they thought he was.

To me Izzy is telling it straight like we would expect. And that means this isn't really a reunion at all. Axl just needed a few replacements in GN'R, and Slash/Duff happened to be available. Notice how he isn't saying he's not involved because he doesn't want to, he's just informing us he's not involved. Maybe Axl never called and this is his message saying "hey, I want in on this!".

Or he didn't like the terms and said "fuck this I'm outta here", then goes on Twitter to squash false rumors because he cares about the fans.

Makes me realize it doesn't matter what anyone says in GN'R. Fans will interpret statements any which way. Because we have gone so many years with just loose rumors and innuendos, conflicting statements, scams and plans that never panned out. Even a confirmed, direct statement made by Izzy personally is met with: nah, not buying it!  14

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Don't you mean a bluff? A double bluff would mean he wants people to be disappointed when he isn't there come April. Tell the truth when people won't believe it. Not nitpicking, just checking to see if I get the meaning correct.

I don't see a bluff or a double bluff making any sense. Making people think you aren't coming when you actually are is something Axl or Slash could do. Izzy wouldn't get nearly the same response to justify not promoting this as a bona fide reunion, merely for the sake of some last minute reveal. And a double bluff would just make the fans disappointed when he's not part of it and they thought he was.

To me Izzy is telling it straight like we would expect. And that means this isn't really a reunion at all. Axl just needed a few replacements in GN'R, and Slash/Duff happened to be available. Notice how he isn't saying he's not involved because he doesn't want to, he's just informing us he's not involved. Maybe Axl never called and this is his message saying "hey, I want in on this!".

Or he didn't like the terms and said "fuck this I'm outta here", then goes on Twitter to squash false rumors because he cares about the fans.

Makes me realize it doesn't matter what anyone says in GN'R. Fans will interpret statements any which way. Because we have gone so many years with just loose rumors and innuendos, conflicting statements, scams and plans that never panned out. Even a confirmed, direct statement made by Izzy personally is met with: nah, not buying it!  14

Yeah, bluff is technically correct. My mistake

And the rest of what you said makes sense

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

To me Izzy is telling it straight like we would expect.

Izzy wrote:

At this point in time I`m not involved in the upcoming 2016 gigs

Of course, Izzy lives in the moment with these things.

polluxlm wrote:

And that means this isn't really a reunion at all.

Thank you. The media says it is, but that's setting people up for a disappointment, somewhat.

No AFD 5. No Lies 4, even.

We get the CD touring band with a UYI-core.

And that can be a good unit, if Axl's into it.

polluxlm wrote:

Maybe Axl never called and this is his message saying "hey, I want in on this!".

I'd wager Axl or Duff has had words with Izzy, but the consensus may be that Izzy's so evasive that he's better off picked up along the way, eventually.

polluxlm wrote:

Or he didn't like the terms and said "fuck this I'm outta here"

I could see him do that just as well. Izzy likes calling his own shots.

polluxlm wrote:

Makes me realize it doesn't matter what anyone says in GN'R.

Axl, Slash and Duff are all avoiding the word 'reunion' like the plague, yet it has been deemed as such by the all-knowing public.

Guess some people just like to be disappointed, so they can complain vicariously about the activities of 50-some year-old men.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

BUMP

johndivney wrote:

Good stuff from Izzy & polluxlm

Board footer