You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Did IZZY STRADLIN Join TWITTER And Say Something About GUNS N' ROSES?

Sky Dog wrote:

Someone’s got it in for me, they’re planting stories in the press
Whoever it is I wish they’d cut it out but when they will I can only guess
They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
I can’t help it if I’m lucky

People see me all the time and they just can’t remember how to act
Their minds are filled with big ideas, images and distorted facts
Even you, yesterday you had to ask me where it was at
I couldn’t believe after all these years, you didn’t know me better than that
Sweet lady

Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your mouth
Blowing down the backroads headin’ south
Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth
You’re an idiot, babe
It’s a wonder that you still know how to breathe

Sky Dog wrote:

No Izzy...no reunion.....just another lineup...just a more profitable one!  izzy

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well, it seems Izzy is in a somewhat talkative mood. Now that people know it's really him, maybe they'll pay more attention. He's been reaching out to various websites, magazines, etc. Maybe he'll spill all the dirt. We've seen Izzy put Axl on full blast before, so if he feels the need to do that again he just may do it. He may not want to burn that bridge, and if that's the case, then maybe this is his attempt at getting the wheels rolling.

I remember that "Sunshine" song from "Anchorman". Thought it was a fun poppy 70's tune, but never paid much attention to the lyrics. They do seem to fit a certain narrative here quite well. He could just like the song, but that would be amazingly coincidental. Has there ever been a band that's had as much down time and silent eras that's had more drama? There's never a dull moment. Well, at least when they're not completely inactive

johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

No Izzy...no reunion.....just another lineup...just a more profitable one!  izzy

nail on the head mate.

James Lofton wrote:

Yeah i know...tickets have sold out. Those same tickets can get thrown on stub hub in three shakes of a lamb's tail.

If the media starts saying they wanted the massive promo a reunion provides but its not a reunion....it can be presented as bait and switch and not too many fans of bait and switches, especially at 400 bucks a pop.

a fool & his money are easily parted.

also to those fans in their 30's & up: they toured the world 3 times over with Illusions w/o Izzy for the most part. they can do it again. granted not at $400 a pop, but it won't be that in other territories.
& even if the tickets get thrown on stubhub & lost to touts Axl has shown with the recent CD tours he's content to play to empty halls as long as he's guaranteed his paycheck.
if the business works sans-izzy then so be it.
as long as he's booked & paid that's the bottom line: ticket sales & attendance are most definitely a secondary concern - one that only raises it's head when promoters start questioning their value for money. once that happens then maybe you have a different ball game (& possibly already, it's perhaps one of the reasons duff & slash are back - i.e. maybe, finally, a CD-era GnR tour couldn't get off the ground due to lack of interest).

& i mean giving management pointers as to what they should be doing.. pfft. man it's long since too far gone to expect some sort of proper plan - or promo. it's just not the way the gnr business is run. never will be. sometimes they get things right & seem to play by the accepted conventions but 99% of the time it seems like its dictated by the whims of the head honcho.
which.. as stupid as it is, is kinda how a rock n roll band should be! i wouldn't have it any other way! it's almost a disappointment whenever they do something normal!

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well, it seems Izzy is in a somewhat talkative mood. Now that people know it's really him, maybe they'll pay more attention. He's been reaching out to various websites, magazines, etc. Maybe he'll spill all the dirt. We've seen Izzy put Axl on full blast before, so if he feels the need to do that again he just may do it. He may not want to burn that bridge, and if that's the case, then maybe this is his attempt at getting the wheels rolling.

he's clearly desperate at the minute if he's taken to twitter to contact them. he's be shut out. he can burn however many bridges he likes, he has nothing to bargain with. only bad vibes. which isn't cool & poor showing on his part. even if he feels he's been wronged, even if he's genuinely been wronged, he's going about it in the wrong way if this is his game. disappointed in him a little tbh.. "waah waah waaaah.. axl won't return my calls.. better set up a twitter account & bitch about him online." yea??? hope i'm well wrong obviously & that izzy's still cool.. but it doesn't seem like it atm..

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

you can debate it all you want. Adding Izzy makes no sense from a business point of view. he might make a slight difference in the US, but i highly doubt he`d draw another couple of hundred people to a gnr stadium show even there. in South America/Europe/Japan it`ll make no difference... and don`t get me wrong. I´m a fan of Izzy and i`d love to see him with Slash, Duff and Axl on stage and especially in the studio. I don`t think this is all about the money, but in one of his rare interviews axl said that he doesn`t believe that even a reunion with Slash would lead to substantially bigger audiences in most markets (he was obviouslyy wrong about that, although he added that it wouldn`t be enough to make him deal with slash again). now they´re getting 3 million $ per show. allegedly 50% for axl, 25% for slash and duff each. adding izzy would mean they had to split the existing cake. i guess there`s no way the would be getting more than that in total...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Sky Dog if you don't start appreciating my contributions to this forum I'm going to record a passive aggressive song & tweet it to everyone to teach you a lesson motherfucker!

big_smile

johndivney wrote:

Tho it does once again highlight how spineless Slash & Duff are. They've taken the deal on the table whereas Izzy was man enough to tell him no dice. Obviously the deal is sweeter for Slash & Duff but still they've bent over whereas Izzy hasn't, even if he is being a little bitch about it..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Others have said it, I'll say it now.

Izzys status up in the air and we're a good month away from the first show.

Looks like jerry-rigging to me. This goes on to say, AFD cash-grab.

They may have pros doing the marketing (Star Wars teaser), but as for the band, it looks like TB shenanigans. 10

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Tho it does once again highlight how spineless Slash & Duff are. They've taken the deal on the table whereas Izzy was man enough to tell him no dice. Obviously the deal is sweeter for Slash & Duff but still they've bent over whereas Izzy hasn't, even if he is being a little bitch about it..

Yes John they are taking the money, we are talking millions. Izzy wasn't offered that and no, he isn't worth the same as Slash and Duff but he is worth something. So Axl can fix this since he is getting so much more than everyone else. He "can" give Izzy and Adler a cut. Sure. But will Izzy rehearse?  Will he get his chops up? Will he bust ass like Slash and Duff? I mean he bailed on the RNRHOF and Axl said he was kind of a pain for his one off appearances wanting more money. I think they all like Izzy. I think Slash and Duff want him there. I think Axl is worried about the dollars and doesn't want issues (Izzy bailing, not learning tunes, etc). If Axl isn't willing to cough up more coin it will take Slash and Duff giving from their smaller share to bring in Izzy and Adler.

These are my thoughts. Who knows.

Board footer