You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: Did IZZY STRADLIN Join TWITTER And Say Something About GUNS N' ROSES?

A new Twitter account purportedly belonging to former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin has appeared on the social media site, according to The Pulse Of Radio. Two sources have apparently confirmed to The Wall Street Journal reporter Neil Shah that the account is real, with Stradlin himself — or the person behind the account claiming to be Stradlin — tweeting a video of himself playing guitar.

But more importantly, the first tweet from the @IzzyStradlin999 account on February 22nd read, "At this point in time, I've no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows."

It's been speculated that Stradlin would have some limited involvement — such as a guest appearance — at some of the upcoming GUNS N' ROSES reunion shows, which currently feature original members Slash, Axl Rose and Duff McKagan.

Fans online have offered "proof" both for and against the account actually belonging to Stradlin.

Evidence of the former includes a never-before-seen selfie of the guitarist, the aforementioned video, reported private correspondence between Stradlin and several friends and a few others on Twitter claiming it's definitely him.

Alleged evidence that the Stradlin account is not real includes some strange and now-deleted tweets, music sites not running his GUNS N' ROSES news despite being tweeted at directly by the owner of the account, and the fact that no one from GUNS N' ROSES has started following him or vice versa.

GUNS N' ROSES has six shows scheduled so far, all in April: two at the Coachella Music And Arts Festival, two in Las Vegas and two in Mexico City. The exact band lineup has yet to be confirmed.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/did-iz … y87sAE5.99

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

music sites not running his GUNS N' ROSES news despite being tweeted at directly by the owner of the account

This part here clearly due to the incessant trolling on Izzy's account by certain "fans".  They could look at Izzy's account  for five seconds, see all the "You're fake!!!1111!!", "Fuck you, you're not the real Izzy", etc. tripe and just walked away.

The nanosecond Will vouched for the authenticity of the account, all trolling should have stopped but that's not how trolling works.

I'm just glad that the story is finally starting to spread to some music outlets. If Izzy has something to say, it needs to be heard.

AtariLegend wrote:

"I know there's a lot of questions regarding my Twitter account," he said in a voicemail to Rolling Stone. "But it's me. I opened the Twitter account. There was just so much speculation going on regarding my involvement and studio recording. There’s so much misinformation, so I wanted to clarify that I'm not in the studio recording with any of the Guns N' Roses guys. At this point in time, I'm not involved in the actual shows ... A lot of stuff [fans] are reading isn't true."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z41fG9BY5y
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

By Andy Greene who Izzy tweeted

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

"I know there's a lot of questions regarding my Twitter account," he said in a voicemail to Rolling Stone. "But it's me. I opened the Twitter account. There was just so much speculation going on regarding my involvement and studio recording. There’s so much misinformation, so I wanted to clarify that I'm not in the studio recording with any of the Guns N' Roses guys. At this point in time, I'm not involved in the actual shows ... A lot of stuff [fans] are reading isn't true."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z41fG9BY5y
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

By Andy Greene who Izzy tweeted

Well there you have it. Unfortunate to hear, but not unexpected. To think they all locked themselves in a room and banged out an albums worth of material in a few months was a bit much. He does keep saying "at this point" though, so the door remains wide open as far as I'm concerned. Nothing a few $$$ can't fix I'm sure. It is a business after all, lest anyone forget.

James

James wrote:

GREAT. Not the news itself but the fact Rolling Stone is now running with it.

People can set aside the milk cartons now. Izzy's no longer missing. izzy

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy is pissed and willing to talk. This won't make Axl happy. Of all people his Indiana boy is going to try and squeeze Axl for more money. Pull out the pop corn. This will get good. If Izzy isn't there this is on Axl.

James

James wrote:

Izzy Stradlin Reportedly Won’t Take Part in Guns N’ Roses Reunion

Izzy Stradlin has apparently confirmed that he isn’t participating in the ongoing Guns N’ Roses reunion, either on the road or in the studio. Rolling Stone says the guitarist contacted the magazine via email.

“At this point in time, I will not be playing at any of the April 2016 GNR shows,” the email reads. “I’ve also not been in the studio recording or writing with any of the others recently. There is so much speculation, but so very little info, [that] I thought I should reach out.”

The reclusive Stradlin, who co-founded Guns N’ Roses with his childhood friend Axl Rose, seemed to emerge last week with a new Twitter account – but some fans have questioned the account’s authenticity. Earlier today, a 20-second video was posted that showed someone purporting to be Stradlin covering “Sunshine,” a 1971 song by Jonathan Edwards, but it remains unclear if it’s actually him or even when the recording was made.

A voicemail to Rolling Stone also addressed these lingering concerns. “I know there’s a lot of questions regarding my Twitter account, but it’s me,” Stradlin reportedly said. “I opened the Twitter account. There was just so much speculation going on regarding my involvement and studio recording. There’s so much misinformation, so I wanted to clarify that I’m not in the studio recording with any of the Guns N’ Roses guys. At this point in time, I’m not involved in the actual shows. … A lot of stuff [fans] are reading isn’t true.”

Though a key figure in the group’s early years, Stradlin has been out of Guns N’ Roses since just after they released the two Use Your Illusions albums in 1991. He’s since focused on small-scale solo projects, while occasionally guesting with his old band between 2006-2014.

If this is indeed the real Stradlin, these would be the first public comments he’s made regarding the upcoming Guns N’ Roses reunion shows.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/izzy-str … reunion-2/

---------------

Earlier today, a 20-second video was posted that showed someone purporting to be Stradlin covering “Sunshine,” a 1971 song by Jonathan Edwards, but it remains unclear if it’s actually him or even when the recording was made. See for yourself below.

"Purporting to be"? "Remains unclear"?  14 The guy can perform a song on video, upload it to Twitter, and some people still aren't convinced.

Sweet baby Jesus...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Take a look at the lyrics of Sunshine.

Sunshine go away today
I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's gone, he's tried to run my life
Don't know what he's asking

He tells me I'd better get in line
Can't hear what he's saying
When I grow up I'm going to make it mine
But these aren't dues I been paying

How much does it cost, I'll buy it
The time is all we've lost, I'll try it
But he can't even run his own life
I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine

Double Talkin' Jive, Motherfucker.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Take a look at the lyrics of Sunshine.

Sunshine go away today
I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's gone, he's tried to run my life
Don't know what he's asking

He tells me I'd better get in line
Can't hear what he's saying
When I grow up I'm going to make it mine
But these aren't dues I been paying

How much does it cost, I'll buy it
The time is all we've lost, I'll try it
But he can't even run his own life
I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine

Double Talkin' Jive, Motherfucker.

Holy fuck, what a slap in the face to Axl. Guess that Indiana connection doesn't mean shit anymore.

James

James wrote:

Wow. Izzy didn't choose that song by accident. A message is being sent. Has it been received? 18

Board footer