You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Did IZZY STRADLIN Join TWITTER And Say Something About GUNS N' ROSES?

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

From the way this is going, it was obvious this wasn't a reunion

Glad to see you're sharing that sentiment. Anything beyond it tho, time will tell.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

My thoughts on pitman being out is a gut reaction.. I think he really pissed some folks off, and no, I am not talking about Slash or Duff... I think he pissed off Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Forgot about those comments from Axl about Izzy during the chats. Guess it would make sense that he might not want to go down that road of having Izzy full time then. Interesting. Didn't he even mention how it would be easier touring with Slash than Izzy because of the trust factor, back when he and Slash were on less than ideal terms?

I never expected Izzy to be a full time participant. It's a shame if he really wants that, and that feeling isn't mutual. But I get it. Hopefully something can be worked out, like in the past, and he can pop in from time to time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think Izzy hurt himself some not being there for the GNR guys at the RNRHOF.. He chose team Axl and now looks like Axl is the one that doesn't want to fuck with him. Maybe had he show up to the RNRHOF Slash and Duff may fight for him a little harder, but he flaked out on that.  Flaked out on VR... So who knows.. They may know his heart isn't in it for more than a few songs here and there...

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:
misterID wrote:

From the way this is going, it was obvious this wasn't a reunion, and it's being looked at like a real band moving forward, and you have a stable foundation right now with the main three and a bad ass rocking band who has been together for ten years, some even longer than that, with a shitload of music.

They don't need someone who may or may not turn up on a given day, or a guy who has been out of the loop for over twenty years and is a big legal liability, a personal headache who can't seem to stop fucking up, that the lead singer can't apparently stand. The last bit can apply to Sorum, too. But the word hate might be better.

I'd rather have the band than a touring sentimentality act.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Unfortunate. ...but what can ya do...maybe izzy is pining for Adler before he comes back as well ... it's afd 5 or bust?

Just a guess

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My thoughts on pitman being out is a gut reaction.. I think he really pissed some folks off, and no, I am not talking about Slash or Duff... I think he pissed off Axl.

I think aside for A, S & D nothing is final yet...hence the silence...kinda concerning since we just over a month away

Also I can smell another 2006...we won't know the final lineup until the lights come up

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sorry for being such an asshole lately but I think it just comes down to "What's In It For Me".

My guess would be promoters put up the real money for any line up that incorporates Slash and Axl.

Clearly Slash/Duff/Axl counts as a reunion to most without the others - hence people flying in from all over the world and the media running the stories and steven tyler making a comment etc etc.

So then you have to ask - if Axl/Slash/Duff get a reunion payday with or without Izzy - what do they get out of cutting him in?

All they get is a tad more legitimacy, but they've been GNR with no Izzy or Steven before on the UYI tour, and hell, Axl has toured with a lot of folks as GNR. It's not needed for the media. So what then? Just cos it's fun - but you temper that fun with Izzy possibly bailing...and calling out your bullshit...and whatever else...and well....hmmm.....maybe you keep the money and cut richard a soft fee to show up instead.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think aside for A, S & D nothing is final yet...hence the silence...kinda concerning since we just over a month away

Also I can smell another 2006...we won't know the final lineup until the lights come up

I think we know the lineup now w/o confirmation. Only question I think is whether there's a 3rd guitarist. (& possible guest spots - probably Baz at this rate!)

Pitman is in. He's on a short leash. He's not going to jeopardise this gig. This probably means more to him/Dizzy/Frank than the big 3. His comments clearly came from Axl & are intended to give fuel to the likes of mrID/the believers who think there's more to this than just a cash grab nostalgia romp.
I'm glad they all still believe in some forward momentum. I think they're kidding themselves. But that's just my disillusionment coming thru perhaps..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I honestly don't understand the need for a third guitarist. Even if they purposely want to bury the vocals it's not like slash doesn't play loud.

However at least 50% of GNR's bad mixing issues live come from too many guitarists and the alternating of lead lines mid solo break.

Often the first few notes of the change to a new guitarist are utterly inaudible as the sound guy catches up.

You see it a lot on boots too - like DJ will play a half the solo, it will cut to Bumble for the next phrase and we hear nothing while seeing him shredding the notes, until a moment later when he suddenly becomes audible above the din of 2 rhythm players and 2 keyboardists.

I think it's stupid - i know there's places with some overdubs but for the whole AFD and UYI era they did very well by having Slash play the most prominent lead guitar line and a rhythm player hammering out the chords.

If that rhythm player is Richard then there's even less reason for a 3rd guy as he could easily smash out any CD era solos Slash didn't like the style of or felt like gifting him for good will.

Richard and Slash is plenty of guitar. If they add a third guy it's just silly.

Board footer