You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: GILBY CLARKE 'It's Gonna Be Interesting To See SLASH And AXL Back Toge

monkeychow wrote:

People always say paul brings the songwriting but what's the point if Axl won't release the songs.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've never liked his guitar style, and it could have had something to do with Izzy, because the style and tone were so different.

So different from Izzy... really? 10

In my mind, he was the perfect replacement for Izzy, he even has that same Stones swagger and style about him. Gilby seemed to have similar influences like New York Dolls and Ramones as well.

GN'R didn't miss a beat when Gilby stepped in alongside Slash on the UYI world tour.
The only thing that was missing was the Izzy sung tunes, which was a shame.

But to say he was so different, makes me wonder what you hear that the rest of us don't...?

I do not like his playing. Different strokes...

So now you're saying you don't like his playing, because you can't back up saying earlier that his playing is so different to Izzy's...?

Sometimes I think you post this stuff just to create arguments

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Is there a thread ranking former members solo albums (excluding bucket)?

Pawnshop Guitars is right behind the original Juju Hounds album for me as best gnr member solo effort.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

you guys just made me check the original JuJu album again. I remember I liked the first track years ago smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
skippy wrote:

Is there a thread ranking former members solo albums (excluding bucket)?

Pawnshop Guitars is right behind the original Juju Hounds album for me as best gnr member solo effort.

We used to do those types of rankings....not sure of a specific thread. Snakepit is usually at the top or near the top of the list. Duff's Believe In Me gets some love too....especially from me. I listened to some of it a couple days ago....man is that album all over the place. I may have overrated it in my youth. 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

So different from Izzy... really? 10

In my mind, he was the perfect replacement for Izzy, he even has that same Stones swagger and style about him. Gilby seemed to have similar influences like New York Dolls and Ramones as well.

GN'R didn't miss a beat when Gilby stepped in alongside Slash on the UYI world tour.
The only thing that was missing was the Izzy sung tunes, which was a shame.

But to say he was so different, makes me wonder what you hear that the rest of us don't...?

So now you're saying you don't like his playing, because you can't back up saying earlier that his playing is so different to Izzy's...?

Dude, don't start that bullshit. I do not like his playing. If you want specifics on how his playing is different to my ears than Izzy it would be a song like PC, the tone is more twangy and shrill, to me.

That's not to start an argument.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, don't start that bullshit. I do not like his playing. If you want specifics on how his playing is different to my ears than Izzy it would be a song like PC, the tone is more twangy and shrill, to me.

That's not to start an argument.

That's fair for you to say that you don't like his playing, each to their own there.

But it just seemed like a cop out to say that Gilby is that different to Izzy (when reality is, he's not), and then when I asked you to give an example, you're just like "uh... I don't like his playing"

I like that this forum has many different opinions, but when things are stated as fact, just to be different, it just makes me scratch my head sometimes...

Sky Dog wrote:

To me, Gilby is more of a lead guitar player...Izzy is more of a true Keith Richard's style rhythm player.

Gilby basically aped Slash whereas Izzy did his own thing which is what set them apart as a rhythm/lead combo.

It will be interesting to see how Slash works with Fortus as Fortus is even more of a true lead player than Gilby.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Nah, Fortus is a rythm guy. He likes it. Its what he does.

Sky Dog wrote:

Have you ever seen Richard live? He can rip....awesome lead player.

Board footer