You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: What's your dream song inclusion for these shows?

misterID wrote:

I actually want to hear Jungle as the opener. Those opening chords by Slash followed by Axl, that is going to be a monumental moment.

I want to hear Slash play CD, TWAT, Catcher, The Blues and This I Love.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Remember, it was John that told us "Scott Dying was his best pr move ever".

& I remember your tears were delicious.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

However I'd love to hear deeper cuts in Axl's voice - like Let it Roll or Sucker Train Blues.

Jeez...

That would go down as the most historic piss break in history. 3 mile long lines at the restrooms. Riots ensue.

First new song Axl has performed since 2009 or something and you'd go to the bathroom? lol

James Lofton wrote:

Hell..dive into Snakepit deep cuts if we're going that twilight zone route...

That would be awesome - however I see it a bit like Symphony for the Devil in terms of a political hot potato.

As for covers. The problem was more that Axl has played some songs from Chinese Democracy under 5 times ever...but played The Seeker something like 40 times.....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Since I was verbally accosted over my suggestion for a new cover, 16 , I guess I always liked Think About You. Doubt they'd play it, but it's a lesser known song I like that they rarely/never would play.

Sorry about the accosting...less about your opinion and more about the macro feelings I remember when they introduced that Who song and Riff Raff.

Think About You definitely has a chance...it was a staple in 01-02.

Nahh it's cool. It was well deserved lol.  I hate when people answer a threads question, without an answer. So on vagueness alone, I should've at least thought of a relevant cover, but I'm talking something they're not really related to, but post 1993. As James said tho that's bordering on Twilight Zone.

I actually meant to think of a GNR song in my original post but got lazy & sidetracked.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I was definitely joking about Snakepit. Good album...in 1995 Elastica, Mad Season, and Snakepit were the soundtrack of my summer. In JUne I had 65k to blow on girls, dope, cars...and was dead broke by November. Other than my dad dropping dead in March(which was shocking)......those were good times. Only girls and drugs can kill such pain and inner torment. Wasted youth.

I don't need to hear Axl sing VR or Snakepit. I have the same feelings with Cornell and Audioslave....leave that shit in the past or do it solo.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't need to hear Axl sing VR or Snakepit. I have the same feelings with Cornell and Audioslave....leave that shit in the past or do it solo.

My thing is more that I would have liked those songs to be developed by Axl.

Like Axl singing "Be the Ball" doesn't interest me as much as what Axl would have done with those Riffs.

As we all know slash's version is that Axl rejected them all, and Axl's version is that Slash told him no modifications allowed. I suspect something in the middle is about how it happened - Slash would have been keen to tour and so not into the idea of Axl tinkering with them for 2 years, while Axl hasn't be a fan of getting finished guitar tracks given to him and was interested in other sounds at the time. So there's probably truth behind both interpretations.

Shame though - I think the 5'Oclock instrumentals if worked on by Axl would have been a very solid return to AFD style rock for the band.

That said...I kinda wanna hear Axl do "Dime Store Rock" - as slash always went nuts on it....I dunno why in his solo catalogue he ignores everything but Beggars...that's one of the least exciting songs on that album to me.

My dream is the "tit for tat" encore where Slash does TWAT and Axl does Anastasia.

But as Gorilla Monsoon often said....

gorilla.jpg

HIGHLY UNLIKELY

AtariLegend wrote:

It's a power play if they end up playing a couple of VR tracks that Slash never plays at his own shows.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

AtariLegend wrote:

It's a power play if they end up playing a couple of VR tracks that Slash never plays at his own shows.

It's a power play if sorts if they play CD tracks. No way Slash and Duff have walked back in to this thinking 'man I hope we can play Prostitute'. Sure it's GNR material but there's only person who'll have been pushing for it to be in the setlist.

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It's a power play if sorts if they play CD tracks. No way Slash and Duff have walked back in to this thinking 'man I hope we can play Prostitute'. Sure it's GNR material but there's only person who'll have been pushing for it to be in the setlist.

On the other hand Duff practically played as many shows as Tommy over the past few years. He might as have been in Guns since the last South American tour.

The only thing that's changed from the line-up is Bumblefoot/DJ left and Slash has rejoined. Still Axl, Dizzy, Frank, Richard there at least.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Duff has already been playing CD tracks. It's not that big of a leap. I wouldn't think it was a power play, its more of where you want to go as a band. And yeah, Duff was in back in South America, if not officially, it sealed the deal.

Rose spoke to Revolver magazine about his reunion with McKagan. He said: "It went really well. [Duff] worked really hard on the parts, and he liked playing the newer songs from 'Chinese [Democracy]'. And, you know, it's pretty funny because we'd go to talk about certain things from 'Use Your Illusion', and there's things he doesn't remember, there's things I don't remember. We kind of finish some of each other's memories sometimes. And the Duff that played these shows with us isn't really the Duff that I knew from what I'd call 'old GUNS' or the 'Appetite For Destruction' lineup or the 'Illusion' lineup. Because with this band, with this lineup, everybody goes out and tries to do their very best, and every guy's on. I don't have to tell the other guys what to do or anything, they do it on their own. They push each other really, really hard. That also pushed Duff, and he liked the challenge of that. And he got along with the guys really well. He and some of the band and crew were doing their yoga together during the days we were out there, so…"

Board footer