You are not logged in. Please register or login.

evader
 Rep: 27 

Re: What's your dream song inclusion for these shows?

evader wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

A cover song we've never heard them do before.

Purple Rain.

A Prince cover would be a nice tribute to one of the all-time greats. I wouldn't be opposed at all.

I'm sure this will put me in the smallest minority possible, but I'd like to get "It Tastes Good, Don't It" again - the rock version. It would be easy for Axl to sing, and the entire world truly needs to experience the beauty of this song. I'd kill a small animal for a studio version.

Other than that, I've heard the rest of what they are playing. All I want is new music.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I would love for them to do covers of songs by artists that have recently passed on to the other side as a proper tribute to show that they really care instead of just airing their respects through social media.

Scott Weiland would be a very good start.

Apart from that I would not mind hearing songs that have never been played live before.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

I would love for them to do covers of songs by artists that have recently passed on to the other side as a proper tribute to show that they really care instead of just airing their respects through social media.

Scott Weiland would be a very good start.

Apart from that I would not mind hearing songs that have never been played live before.

I agree with this.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
evader wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

A cover song we've never heard them do before.

Purple Rain.

A Prince cover would be a nice tribute to one of the all-time greats. I wouldn't be opposed at all.

I'm sure this will put me in the smallest minority possible, but I'd like to get "It Tastes Good, Don't It" again - the rock version. It would be easy for Axl to sing, and the entire world truly needs to experience the beauty of this song. I'd kill a small animal for a studio version.

Other than that, I've heard the rest of what they are playing. All I want is new music.

One of the first things I said when I heard about Prince was I wonder if GNR has time to work out Duff's cover of Bambi for the Duff sings song for Coachella on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysPKrIEEQR8

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
evader wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Purple Rain.

One of the first things I said when I heard about Prince was I wonder if GNR has time to work out Duff's cover of Bambi for the Duff sings song for Coachella on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysPKrIEEQR8

[/embed]

Who is on lead guitar there?? KILLER

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I don't know.  It was a B-side for Believe In Me.  If there's info out there about who's on it I haven't found it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

I don't know.  It was a B-side for Believe In Me.  If there's info out there about who's on it I haven't found it.

Killer playing. I can't find info on it

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Monkey Chow is guessing Jeff Beck...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Imagine this tune in the Micky Voice. Would be EPIC

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm guessing Duff. Duff played a lot of the music on that album.

Didn't Duff want Prince to be on Believe In Me but he never got back to him and this is why Bambi was not on the actual album?

If GNR do a tribute to a celeb from this year it is more likely to be something like Heroes than Purple Rain.

I hadn't even thought about It Tastes Good... haven't heard it in eons. Strange little song that is. It begs to be included on a box set.

Board footer