You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: What's your dream song inclusion for these shows?

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I just have good taste.

Well, that's up for debate, seeing as the two times I saw VR in 2005 were up there with the best rock shows I've ever attended.

People can have differing opinions. It's ok. And it's, well, normal.

Yeah, and that's fine. But he's implying that those of us who like VR have bad taste in music, and that I don't agree with.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

He's not capable. Dunno where this faith in him is coming from. He's Mickey mouse'd the shit out of the catalogue for a decade or more now. How is he suddenly perfectly capable of delivering. He wasn't even perfectly capable of delivering after the 80's whatever got into him.

I have serious doubts too. I think he was ok in 2009 - if you look at boots from there he's still busting out some big screams and stuff - however that's the last time I thought he had real vocal power - and it was 7 years ago.

Still....a return to that is possible....as aside from LALD he seemed more mickey in 2002 than 2006....so I think it's possible he could get it back.

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Well, that's up for debate, seeing as the two times I saw VR in 2005 were up there with the best rock shows I've ever attended.

Yeah, and that's fine. But he's implying that those of us who like VR have bad taste in music, and that I don't agree with.

So you're implying he has bad taste?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I think he's joking around.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

If he can say I have bad taste for liking VR, I can tell him he has bad taste for thinking they suck.
I think thats a fair call.

How is what I'm saying any different to the shit he started....?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well played. It would seem that way.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

He's not capable. Dunno where this faith in him is coming from. He's Mickey mouse'd the shit out of the catalogue for a decade or more now. How is he suddenly perfectly capable of delivering. He wasn't even perfectly capable of delivering after the 80's whatever got into him.

He's Mickey when out of shape. Unfortunately that has been most of the time.

He still is capable of putting on a good shows though. Having Slash back might motivate him further, not wanting to look out of place next to him.

But that all comes down to "if". At this point I'm not expecting anything past what we have seen in the last decade.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Well played. It would seem that way.

Fuck, this place has gone off the rails lately.

Johndivney posts that he doesn't listen to VR because he has "good taste" in music, clearly having a dig at all of us who happen to like VR.

And I question his "good taste" in jest the same as he did to me, and all of you jump on my back about it. Seriously... 10

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I have serious doubts too. I think he was ok in 2009 - if you look at boots from there he's still busting out some big screams and stuff - however that's the last time I thought he had real vocal power - and it was 7 years ago.

Still....a return to that is possible....as aside from LALD he seemed more mickey in 2002 than 2006....so I think it's possible he could get it back.

That Tokyo show was immense. Best I've heard him since the 90s.

On the one hand you can say this was 7 years ago, but at the same time you can say he does much better here than the 8 years between 01 and 09.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

On the one hand you can say this was 7 years ago, but at the same time you can say he does much better here than the 8 years between 01 and 09.

I think the majority of the 2006 shows were ok too. Especially Rock Am Ring 2006.

However I think most of 2002, 2001 was mickey, and also I didn't like most of 2011-14 era. But I think there's reason to think he might still be able to go on special occasions. But yeah I have some doubt too - don't want it to turn into Rock in Rio 2012.

Board footer