You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

No, I'm sure there are contingency plans in place for this. It's happened plenty where countries will repeatedly hold referendums until the government get the result they want.
It could happen - we could have a snap election & another referendum, or just another referendum. At the minute I think it will stand, but there's little ground in trying to predict what's going to occur.

We'll know more in the coming days I guess. For now tho the pressure is definitely on & it looks like Cameron is being ushered out.. Probably by the brexiters to ensure he doesn't stop the leave from moving forward.

Tories won't want another election when they have their majority. If Cameron's smart, he'll get out fast and let Boris take the blame for anything that happens over the next few years until the next election.

Feel bad for Gibraltar though. 96% vote to remain, they were the first to declare tongue.

johndivney wrote:

"A shitstorm". Best description of the whole fuckin thing.

johndivney wrote:

At times like this I turn to others to help light path forward:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That was surprising. It's going to be a hot summer.

AtariLegend wrote:

Cameron is about to make a speech. Unconfirmed rumors are that he's about to resign.

johndivney wrote:

Well he'll still be in a job until the Tories can appoint a new leader. I think he'll announce he's invoking article 50 at the very least.

Both he & Corbyn should resign. They're to blame as much as the rest of us. Leadership? Fuck.

johndivney wrote:

Gone. Cunt.

AtariLegend wrote:

He's resigning. Said he'll stay on as PM for a few more months until the next Tory conference in October at the latest. The new PM will be the one who decides when to trigger "article 50".

johndivney wrote:

That means Gove, Johnson or May as PM.. What a world.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

That means Gove, Johnson or May as PM.. What a world.

Johnson is an uncharismatic Trump. Gove is as trustworthy as Satan himself.

Well at least it isn't Farage.

Board footer