You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is bullshit. If you try to scalp a $10 ticket you need your ass. Trying to profit like this is bullshit. Exactly why Vegas was fair. You had a shot and plenty of tix on the secondary market. Here you have people with no job or school taking advantage and getting tix they didn't want. Should have run this through Nightrain and given them to the hard core people. LA is a jaded busy town. This will barely be in their own radar honestly. That city is just too fucking big. So much shit to do there.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

HOLY FUCK! Slash broke out the silver jubilees!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Another reason for SG to lose his shit...
Ce_OvkYWAAA07hs.jpg

EDIT: this was tweeted from pisser wishing Frank good luck.
Frank on drums.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ce_OCfhWsAEyrVR.jpg

Clarification n that earlier stage pick with strippers, it was Tower Records not the Troubadour.

Looks like Frank and Steven's stick brand there smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm trying to think of a single good reason they didn't run this through nighttrain. As an Australian I wouldn't have been able to go anyway, but I sort of think the people who followed this band through 23 years of "HELL NO" should get to be there they day they say "OK THEN". Or at least some of us.

Everything else about this is cool, but this stunt should have been pulled prior to the cochella and vegas ticket releases, and it should have run through nighttrain.

This should be the shock reunion event, like the first we've heard of it other than the yearly BS rumours about superbowl etc

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is bullshit regular fuckers that don't know fuck about GNR are going while we sit here with our thumbs in our ass. Should have gone through Nightrain, PERIOD.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just looked at myself in the mirror and said:

b5f881488a98710f7aa38be0965b61e3dcbe5dc900333492b351208be08777a8.jpg

GNR always has grand plans but they always stuff them up, just like the release of Chinese Democracy. If they'd done this prior to the cochella and vegas fan ticket sales it would be the best thing ever. But to pull it now just burns their hardcore fans twice over.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I definitely agree that this should have been handled differently. Having said that, it would be impossible to give fans advance notice of such a thing and pick and choose which fans actually get tickets. Only a handful of people even use the Nightrain forum so how would you even cherry pick? By region? How long you've been a member? By how many shirts and bandanas you bought?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

HOLY FUCK! Slash broke out the silver jubilees!

Wow I stand corrected...good call SG!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The Tour is named "Not in this Lifetime." Fucking awesome! 16 16

Great to see Axls got a sense of humour about it. Using his direct quote to name the tour 16

He also nukes the media questions on his flip flop. With one decision he kills those questions. If he's making fun of himself over it, then it's not even worth asking the question at this point. And you know there are a bunch of media who want to ask that question. "But you said not in this lifetime...but...but..."

Yep. I had a feeling this was the route they'd take. Either ignore it or joke about it....they went with door number two.

Board footer