You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

otto wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

IT IS UNETHICAL BECAUSE VEGAS WAS PROMOTED AS THE FIRST SHOW.  [...] I am paying a premium to say "I was at the first show". "I was at the 2nd show" doesn't sound very cool. Put it this way. [...] I want to see GNR, but I also wanted to see history. History is night #1. And I may not be there. And by the time show #2 happens all the surprises about Adler or Izzy may have already been ruined and we know the songs and have a good idea of guests already completely killing the mystery, hype, suspense etc.

I'm travelling all the way from Brazil to see the first night in Vegas basically because it was advertised as the first time Slash and Axl would share the stage in this new formation. Also, I COMPLETELY agree with all the points I've quoted from SG above.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Chill the fuck out, SG. 16 It's just rock and roll, buddy. No amount of money you pay will provide an experience as good as when people paid $5 to see them in 1986. I'll gladly pay $15-20 for a Blu-ray of a reunion show if there is plenty of evidence that Axl was in good form. No way in hell would I pay thousands of dollars to see them unless it was a time machine back to 1986-1988.

lance

lance wrote:
AndyShores wrote:
lance wrote:

If it was about art with Axl we would not only have 1 album in the last 23 years . We would have got CD 2001 and atleast 1 or 2 more release since then 90 songs were written and recorded just not mastered . Axl is for the money and ego not the art is my opinion.

The fact that we only have 1 album (and would likely have 0 albums if the record company hadn't demanded something to put out) shows that it is about the art.  I don't frame every piece I paint, there's a number that I like that I don't sell or display.  I just like them, some even unfinished, and I have them in my studio, put away. There are other pieces that people say are great that I don't necessarily have confidence in, so I don't put them out there.   If Axl was about the money he'd put out whatever he recorded and make a buck.

Axl milked them for 14 million dollars and he wanted more he is no starving artist . More egomaniac . He handed a cd in in 2001 to be  mixed that is fact  the label did not like it . If it was for the art he could have refused to change and put it out as he intended.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

IF this show does take place, do you realize how hard it is going to be to get tickets? Your chances would be quite limited, and if you did have the chance the prices would most likely be outrageous. I'd imagine media types will be invited, friends, family, Hollywood elite. The number of "fans" who actually get to attend would probably be quite low. The previous lineup played these secret gigs and they were damn near impossible to get into. I can only imagine how tough this will be.

Warm up shows are common. I'm sorry if you feel slighted, or misled, but it's completely within their rights to play an ultra exclusive warmup show if they want to. Nobody forced you to shell out the money to travel and see their "first show in 23 years". Excuse me for not feeling sorry for you. In fact I remain very jealous of you for being able to attend. I can't wait for my chance this summer.

I bought tickets and drove 10 hours to Cleveland to see GNR inducted into the R&RHOF. I didn't bitch and complain that Axl didn't show up. I went and enjoyed seeing Matt, Steven, Gilby, Myles, Duff, and Slash. So again, excuse me for not feeling sorry for you that you're going to see THE REAL DEAL in a week. People have real genuine problems in this world. This, is not one of them. Now go ahead and tell me to F off. I'll send it right back to you. 19

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

The celebrity list on this thing is probably off the charts. Axl better bring his fucking "A" game. That means 2010 rasp at least. Record this shit for Blu-ray and have crowd shots of all the celebrities. It could be a similar deal to Roy Orbison's Black and White Night. But the performance has to be great. If the helium Mickey Mouse voice shows up, it will ruin the whole thing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I like you man, but what a stupid fucking post.

Axl never said he was playing he RNRHOF.

I AM HAPPY TO SEE GNR, but no, it is not ethical to play a show before the first show that you advertised as the first show. I am not asking for your bullshit pity, but for fuck sake, for once GNR should honor what they said and don't pull some stupid bullshit. This is kind of like your long time girlfriend saving her virginity for you to take on your wedding night and the week before she fucks some dude on her bachelorette party. Yes the sex may be better on your wedding night, but as Izzy said, "you ain't the first". And I would feel sorry for you if your girl did that to you. Because you had an agreement.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I AM HAPPY TO SEE GNR, but no, it is not ethical to play a show before the first show that you advertised as the first show. I am not asking for your bullshit pity, but for fuck sake, for once GNR should honor what they said and don't pull some stupid bullshit. This is kind of like your long time girlfriend saving her virginity for you to take on your wedding night and the week before she fucks some dude on her bachelorette party. Yes the sex may be better on your wedding night, but as Izzy said, "you ain't the first". And I would feel sorry for you if your girl did that to you. Because you had an agreement.

AGAIN. Try to get tickets for this secret show. Good luck to you. You were lucky to get tickets for Vegas. You'll be there. Enjoy it and spare me the "woe is me. I won't be at a show I'd have virtually no chance of being at anyway".

Axl didn't officially bow out of the R&RHOF until a few days before if you want to get technical. I didn't truly believe he'd actually show up, but it wasn't 100% certain. You're basically seeing the first show you'd have any chance at seeing. Sorry if that ruins your narrative, and we still don't know if this mythical show will actually take place.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I love GN'R music, but I do trust them as human beings? Nope!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tejas gets it. Lol.

I have noticed that the people that are really excited about secret shows are the same ones that didn't pay to go to Vegas. Interesting.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So the next time one of you tell me I should be cool with it I will calmly tell you "FUCK YOU, I will feel how the fuck I want and they pulled a bait and switch" etc. me still having fun in Vegas is beside the point. Of course it will be fun. Just not historic.

1st Amendment et al facilitate you to speak your mind, sure.

But a lot of people in this world struggle to feed their families and provide them with shelter, day in, day out.

You're raging because a show you are going to may be preceded by another show.

Allow me to play the world's smallest violin.

Board footer