You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Just to be clear, Frank's definitely the drummer on stage?

Yes frank

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

DCK wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Am I the only one who hates this song (the UYI version anyway)?

I felt it surpassed Bob Dylans' version.   They really made it their own.

Only version I could tolerate was with Buckethead doing the solo.

Oh yes!  I almost forgot.. those 2002 versions with Buckethead were epic.

Sounds like they are playing Nightrain now!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Am I the only one who hates this song (the UYI version anyway)?

I felt it surpassed Bob Dylans' version.   They really made it their own.

Only version I could tolerate was with Buckethead doing the solo.

And I always preferred the live version with the "Only Women Bleed" intro and the two reggae sections.

Never loved the studio cut, mainly because of the narration part over the solo. Regardless the AFD-era live stuff was better.

It took years for the new era version to grow on me, but I really fucking loved the version on Appetite For Democracy.

It's just a better song live. Plus it's good live in person as I well. I've been there. The audience digs it and it's a sight to see. Even with DJ.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Looks like Pitman did get the boot.. maybe has a result of his stupidity on social media, insulting the band and its fans.     

Or maybe Slash bitched because him and duff never even wanted one keyboard player, let alone two.. so Axl made that concession.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

my michelle
nightrain

misterID

misterID wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Looks like Pitman did get the boot.. maybe has a result of his stupidity on social media, insulting the band and its fans.     

Or maybe Slash bitched because him and duff never even wanted one keyboard player, let alone two.. so Axl made that concession.

I wouldn't say that, wait for the Vegas gig. This is a stripped down show.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah. Alot of people think because Teddy Zig Zag was tight with Slash that Slash wanted him there. That was always Axl's decision. Axl wanted two keyboardist, and then told Slash & Duff "go hire who you like". Dizzy was a lock, and then Teddy got the 2nd job in 1992.

I wonder if Pitman was being relegated to studio-only and balked. Either way he's out, and I wonder what Axl's writing partners will be now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I hope the show almost over!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I just saw a picture that looked like Pitman was on the stage behind Slash.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah. Alot of people think because Teddy Zig Zag was tight with Slash that Slash wanted him there. That was always Axl's decision. Axl wanted two keyboardist, and then told Slash & Duff "go hire who you like". Dizzy was a lock, and then Teddy got the 2nd job in 1992.

I wonder if Pitman was being relegated to studio-only and balked. Either way he's out, and I wonder what Axl's writing partners will be now.

Pitman wanted to be the studio guy and didn't like touring. It was Axl who wanted him out there.

Board footer