You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

monkeychow wrote:

The mickey mouse shirt is funny as fuck. I love Axl's sense of humour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
supaplex wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfBm6uwXIAA8fSj.jpg
Mickey Mouse in the house! Check the t-shirt 16

That's great.

I'm glad they're enjoying it.

Hopefully they post some high quality videos of at least a few songs on the official site.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Andrea Elaine M. Wuorenmaa P.S. I loved Axl's outfits, he seemed really happy and he sounded fantastic

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Well, it's happened, it's real. Axl and Slash are back.

Question is: Where do we go now?

Will they make new music, or is this a retirement tour then it's back to Conspirators and Scrabble?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

So, they made history, then?

Anything special, whose in the band, setlist?

Not bothering to go through a 60-page thread.

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talking Jive
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
The Godfather Theme
Sweet Child of Mine
New Rose
Better
Knocking on Heaven's Door
Nightrain
The Seeker
Paradise City

The big news is Pittman is OUT and has been replaced by a girl Melissa.

No Sign of Izzy/Adler/Sorum.

Damn that's a great set. I bet it was difficult figuring out what to perform at this show.

Big news other than Axl-Slash onstage again is definitely the girl in GNR.

Good for her.

I guess its time for everyone to follow her on Twitter. 16

No Izzy/Adler/Sorum is interesting to say the least. A tad worrying but even though I'm an Izzy nutswinger through and through, if this is the lineup they assembled for the whole thing, I'll support it 100%.

Even though I wasn't at the show I see no problems with that lineup. Yes some people are missing but GNR fans are lucky this is even happening.

I'll take it.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

My only complaint with that set is the seeker. I'd either trade it for a CD era song, or one of the more exciting covers. It's a very bland song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Will they make new music, or is this a retirement tour then it's back to Conspirators and Scrabble?

It'll happen as long as Axl's voice holds up. They can tour behind this for years to come. At least 2 years with a couple new songs (a rocker, a ballad) and a cover song, throw that on a 2-disc "Best of" (ala Red, White & Crue) and they could tour for a 2 years on it.

Next year bring out Izzy & Steven for a handful of shows for the AFD reunion. Do a big deluxe release of that. Hold off 'til the end of 2017, drop the next album (that was already waiting with touches from Slash & Duff). Drop the new album at the end of the year.

Tour until 2019 on that.

Take a year off. Maybe two.

Then announce a Retirement tour. Put out another rocker, ballad & cover and throw them on a ONE DISC Greatest Hits.

Tour behind it for 2 years.

Axl retires forever in 2021-22

That's my opinion on how I see this going down. We'll get at least ONE new studio LP, and the collective equivalent of an EP spanned over 3-4 years.

Beyond that... from this band? Anything more is a bonus. Maybe put out a live album or two.

jmho (don't shoot)

elevendayempire

monkeychow wrote:

My only complaint with that set is the seeker. I'd either trade it for a CD era song, or one of the more exciting covers. It's a very bland song.

I wonder if they play that to give Axl's voice a rest ahead of Paradise City? Since it's not very taxing for him to sing…

elevendayempire

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It'll happen as long as Axl's voice holds up. They can tour behind this for years to come. At least 2 years with a couple new songs (a rocker, a ballad) and a cover song, throw that on a 2-disc "Best of" (ala Red, White & Crue) and they could tour for a 2 years on it.

Next year bring out Izzy & Steven for a handful of shows for the AFD reunion. Do a big deluxe release of that. Hold off 'til the end of 2017, drop the next album (that was already waiting with touches from Slash & Duff). Drop the new album at the end of the year.

Tour until 2019 on that.

Take a year off. Maybe two.

Then announce a Retirement tour. Put out another rocker, ballad & cover and throw them on a ONE DISC Greatest Hits.

Tour behind it for 2 years.

Axl retires forever in 2021-22

That's my opinion on how I see this going down. We'll get at least ONE new studio LP, and the collective equivalent of an EP spanned over 3-4 years.

Beyond that... from this band? Anything more is a bonus. Maybe put out a live album or two.

jmho (don't shoot)

What's infuriating about all this is that – since this is very likely how it'll play out – we could have had another ten years of GN'R if they'd reunited in 2006 like they were threatening to. We could've had 2-3 more studio albums if they'd stopped behaving like children. Such a fucking waste.

Board footer