You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

misterID wrote:

Axl surprised me the most. The thing I was worried about was 2011 Axl showing up (with or without the big fugly yellow coat) and giving it a "for the money" effort, but the dude was fucking on. The smiles, jokes, coming out with no hat or glasses, putting his heart into it. He looked happy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree ID, he looked so fucking happy... That pic of Duff and Axl looking at Slash on the monitor is solid gold.  Axl is smiling looking at him thinking, "that's my boy, God Damn, I am glad that fucker is band, praise Jesus"..... That is what I would be saying if a guy like Slash came back to my team.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Predictions? Axl's gonna do AC/DC, come off that tour, take a break, and get onboard the GNR tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had forgot to mention AC/DC. We're all high on Troubadour fumes.

My prediction on that: It doesn't actually happen.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think AC/DC will happen either... GNR is about to be too fucking big, fuck, they already are.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think AC/DC will happen either... GNR is about to be too fucking big, fuck, they already are.

That's you talking, not Axl. We will see.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

AC/DC thing is weird. Nothing would surprise me with that situation. Kinda funny that now Axl has some original GN'R members back in his band, he is being asked by the only major member left in AC/DC to help give some star power to Angus Young's glorified tribute band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl surprised me the most. The thing I was worried about was 2011 Axl showing up (with or without the big fugly yellow coat) and giving it a "for the money" effort, but the dude was fucking on. The smiles, jokes, coming out with no hat or glasses, putting his heart into it. He looked happy.

Well he had to for one, because GN'R is still his baby. Regardless of how he has treated it.

The other thing is last night, especially mid-show and seeing the huge pop they were all getting... had to... be an ENORMOUS weight being lifted off his shoulders. He has carried that torch for so long, gotten beat down because of it, turned into the Adolf of the music industry, hated by everyone, has quite possibly the worst music rep in LA (which is saying something), and had completely ran out of options. Any further would've been Whitesnake territory (and would've buried them with the label... not that they weren't already).

Axl pressed one button and his entire life and the global GN'R fan world collectively did this...

Even after the Troubadour last night, all of us feel like amnesia. Even with the Dallas comparison, like when that Season came back and none of the previous year had happened (for us 22 years, minus that actual written CD songs), the transition was quite uncomfortable and bizarre.

This?

Still bizarre... and frankly none of it has sunk in yet. Axl is the #1 news story on TMZ at 7pm? Really? GN'R is the biggest news story in rock? In the world?

One 2 hour show at the Troubadour and suddenly we've taken a time machine back to 1994 and picking up where we left off. Like nothing happened before and most people are happy to leave it that way.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well he had to for one, because GN'R is still his baby. Regardless of how he has treated it.

The other thing is last night, especially mid-show and seeing the huge pop they were all getting... had to... be an ENORMOUS weight being lifted off his shoulders. He has carried that torch for so long, gotten beat down because of it, turned into the Adolf of the music industry, hated by everyone, has quite possibly the worst music rep in LA (which is saying something), and had completely ran out of options. Any further would've been Whitesnake territory (and would've buried them with the label... not that they weren't already).

Axl pressed one button and his entire life and the global GN'R fan world collectively did this...

Even after the Troubadour last night, all of us feel like amnesia. Even with the Dallas comparison, like when that Season came back and none of the previous year had happened (for us 22 years, minus that actual written CD songs), the transition was quite uncomfortable and bizarre.

This?

Still bizarre... and frankly none of it has sunk in yet. Axl is the #1 news story on TMZ at 7pm? Really? GN'R is the biggest news story in rock? In the world?

One 2 hour show at the Troubadour and suddenly we've taken a time machine back to 1994 and picking up where we left off. Like nothing happened before and most people are happy to leave it that way.

Hahahaha!  Good Morning, I love it!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Victoria Principal is so hot. Those nude pics... Holy shit. Her boobs are a national treasure.

Board footer