You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 644 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

monkeychow wrote:

I've come up with another outrageous one:

When AFD is re-released soon (I'd assume 2017 for the 30th but you never know - could be a year late knowing GNR) it will not only have the remaster many want but it will have ALL NEW AXL VOCALS - possibly from his fabled 2009 re-record of AFD with nu-guns.

I don't think he'll put out the full nu-gns re-record - but I can imagine a mix of 1987 band sounds with 1999 Vocals.

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

Lomax wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I've come up with another outrageous one:

When AFD is re-released soon (I'd assume 2017 for the 30th but you never know - could be a year late knowing GNR) it will not only have the remaster many want but it will have ALL NEW AXL VOCALS - possibly from his fabled 2009 re-record of AFD with nu-guns.

I don't think he'll put out the full nu-gns re-record - but I can imagine a mix of 1987 band sounds with 1999 Vocals.

Nu-Guns to me were always a development of the UYI era GNR. They weren't about gritty rock n roll but more progressive style music.  Like Dream Theater with a bit of NIN thrown in but the instrumental wank tuned down a few notches.

They couldn't do justice to AFD in my opinion.

I really don't want to hear Finks take on You're Crazy.

James
 Rep: 650 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

James wrote:

THat is too outrageous. I've said this for eons...that never had a chance at release. It was a pipe dream of the late 90s and he mainly did it so they'd learn the songs properly. It also never contained Bucket so my interest drops to zero. Finck and Tobias recording AFD but with YCBM and Patience? Pass...

At best you'd get a track or two of this hybridized AFD on a best of as bonus tracks.

Too much killer stuff in the vault to release the abomination bastard child of possibly the greatest album ever recorded.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 90 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

James Lofton wrote:

THat is too outrageous. I've said this for eons...that never had a chance at release. It was a pipe dream of the late 90s and he mainly did it so they'd learn the songs properly. It also never contained Bucket so my interest drops to zero. Finck and Tobias recording AFD but with YCBM and Patience? Pass...

At best you'd get a track or two of this hybridized AFD on a best of as bonus tracks.

Too much killer stuff in the vault to release the abomination bastard child of possibly the greatest album ever recorded.

I don't think it was ever intended for release – it was just a case of leaving the tapes rolling while they were rehearsing to see if anything came of it, wasn't it? Maybe chucking some of the re-recorded versions out there as B-sides on the 1999/2000 version of CD – but as soon as the band line-up changed, that idea got chucked out the window. The talk of putting the 1999 WTTJ on Black Hawk Down, and the Big Daddy SCOM, was likely just a bargaining chip in negotiations with the old band.

Mind you, I'd love to hear it – always wondered what it sounds like, based on the live versions and the one clip of SCOM we have.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

tejastech08 wrote:

Appetite should be left alone. We need a Very Best Of collection for the general public and hopefully it includes a couple new songs.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

bigbri wrote:

Buckethead is out on the road for the first time in 4 years, after a significant back injury and the deaths of his mom and dad.

My outrageous prediction: He shows up to play one a song in Kansas City on June 29. He plays a show in Arkansas the next day.

Time heals all wounds.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 90 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

bigbri wrote:

Buckethead is out on the road for the first time in 4 years, after a significant back injury and the deaths of his mom and dad.

My outrageous prediction: He shows up to play one a song in Kansas City on June 29. He plays a show in Arkansas the next day.

Time heals all wounds.

I was wondering if they could get Bucket out to one of the shows, either as an opener or a guest. Imagine: Slash and Buckethead playing TWAT... 11

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

PaSnow wrote:

I predict something happens at Coachella (Bucket, AFD5, new song etc)

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I predict something happens at Coachella (Bucket, AFD5, new song etc)

Bucket has shows both weekends scheduled already. Other stuff is likely, I say.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I predict something happens at Coachella (Bucket, AFD5, new song etc)

Bucket has shows both weekends scheduled already. Other stuff is likely, I say.

pffft, you and your "research" and "facts" 


j/k

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB