You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: DEF LEPPARD's PHIL COLLEN Clarifies GUNS N' ROSES 'Lame' Comments: 'I

I do like "Love" off Songs from the Sparkle Lounge – a perfectly-observed Queen pastiche/homage.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I'm surprised that something a guy in Def Leppard thinks is newsworthy.

I felt this way from day one.

I always knew Collin's comments would be taken out of context as soon as it got published. All he was saying is "through all the fucking shit Def Leppard went through... we stayed together. GN'R leaving the way they did robbed the rock world of years of great rock music"

This is actually true. Imo, this is what he meant from the get.

But the media spun it and tried to make some sort of feud, and it's like... next up is creating a feud with the remaining members of three versions of Ratt.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I do like "Love" off Songs from the Sparkle Lounge – a perfectly-observed Queen pastiche/homage.

Nice. Like that one too. I think that song would've been big in their heyday.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I'm surprised that something a guy in Def Leppard thinks is newsworthy.

I felt this way from day one.

I always knew Collin's comments would be taken out of context as soon as it got published. All he was saying is "through all the fucking shit Def Leppard went through... we stayed together. GN'R leaving the way they did robbed the rock world of years of great rock music"

I certainly agree with that. There are at least 4 or 5 GNR albums that will never exist due to the CD saga. Whether someone loves or hates CD is beside the point.

Board footer