You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

James wrote:

Better always lacked ONE ingredient. It wanted to be a hit, it begged for it...but it was too abrasive, especially that horrid mix on the album.

Well...it now has that ingredient it needed. I wish Better had been saved and we'd be hearing it now or in the future for the first time.

Now I'm glad CD II never came out. He was smart to just keep it to himself. Now it has a chance at redemption.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Better always lacked ONE ingredient. It wanted to be a hit, it begged for it...but it was too abrasive, especially that horrid mix on the album.

Well...it now has that ingredient it needed. I wish Better had been saved and we'd be hearing it now or in the future for the first time.

Now I'm glad CD II never came out. He was smart to just keep it to himself. Now it has a chance at redemption.

Crazy to think that after all of us "complaining" about the lack of new music over the years, but you might be right. And they really seem to be taking this seriously right now, so it wouldn't shock me if they've reworked that vault of songs already.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The main thing that will piss me off, is if they do do a Red, White & Crue/Telephantasm-release to promote the summer tour, and DO NOT release ANY new songs on it, then turn around and put out Better 2016 as a rocker single and This I Love 2016 as a ballad single, and that's what they use to promote the new GH.

That would be a cop out, weak, and frankly LAZY.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Still not a fan of til even after seeing it live twice now. It is at a perfect time in the set list for a bathroom break through.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow...

This I Love brought the house down in 2011 in Orlando. Nobody left, and although no one knew it in the beginning, they were cheering it on at the end, because Axl vocally was 1987 (on that one song)

Hunh...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, to put things in perspective 1/2 the people were sitting during coma. Not sure this crowd is fan enough for the cd songs.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Better, as it was, if it were slash playing the exact same notes on guitar, would have been a hit.

But also, fact is, Robin wrote Better. If there is no Robin, there is no better.

Side note - just told casuals at the bar on Red Sox opening day that gnr played coma and they couldn't believe it. I immediately played it on TouchTunes of course.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

But also, fact is, Robin wrote Better. If there is no Robin, there is no better.

Big fan of finck but...

Is there an It's So Easy without West Arkeen? It'll always be West's song, despite the whirlpool it went through - as Axl famously recalled in the '06 Trunk show.

"My sooong, what've you done to my sooong?!" 16

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Apples and oranges...one actually played in the band.

AtariLegend wrote:

Listening to the second show on my ipod this morning. I think Chinese Democracy sounds the best it has since 2002, it's not just the lack of intro... it's the fact that it was a kick ass rock track buried under too much guitar post 2006 (even though Fortus/Robin/Buckethead in 02).

At some point after 2002 the soul was lost in it live, I'm glad it's back.

Maybe before rehearsals started, Axl gave Slash/Duff a copy of the demos and told them to ignore the album? tongue

Board footer