You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: 9/4/16 T-MOBILE ARENA, LAS VEGAS, NV UNITED STATES

BLS-Pride wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Nightrain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5os9FF3nas

Axl sounds fantastic on this one.

Nice one. And there are idiots out there saying Slash isn't happy? Guy seems at home to me.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Nice one. And there are idiots out there saying Slash isn't happy? Guy seems at home to me.

Of course he's happy. It must feel very surreal, though.

Oh, and that's just the looney toon factory (read: a small scale of GN'R fans) talking. No point in paying any attention to them since their brains have stopped working properly over the course of following this band for the last 20 years.

Can't really fault them for that.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Nightrain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5os9FF3nas

Axl sounds fantastic on this one.

Pretty fucking cool to see Slash playing with Axl again after so many years. He wasn't a fan of the ballads, but I bet he enjoyed playing those solos again. Estranged/November/Don't Cry are some of his best guitar solos.

And I bet he is thrilled to play Coma again. That was a Slash song first and Axl brought his trademark lyrics, personality, and vocals. Now bring on Locomotive!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah while he's in that chair its the perfect opportunity to bust out all the big guns.

The Coachella set lists will be interesting. Total casual crowd, festival, etc. It might be nothing but the singles.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i was thinking that too. It would be the most obvious time to bust out a hits/singles setlist rather than deep cuts. Couldn't blame them for it.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Listening to the Periscope streams... some of these songs we haven't heard in awhile, others we've heard for years.
But it's all new.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What I noticed is that since Axl can't move, you catch him just watching and listening to the band more. I think he is so fucking happy to have Slash back and at the same time is really really happy to have Fortus. Fortus should have been the guy in the old band and after 15 years and thanks to a 2 guitar set up Fortus finally gets to Shine!!!!

I love watching Melissa, so refreshing to see her up there vs Pit.

Duff was great on YCPYAAAM and Attitude. Slash ripped on Attitude. I can't wait to upload all my killer videos.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What I noticed is that since Axl can't move, you catch him just watching and listening to the band more.

He's now forced to sit back and take it in between the verses. For someone with Axl's ears, this could be a revelation. Also, it's interesting that Slash, Duff and Fortus are now in demand to fill the space Axl leaves vacant. I like how they all oft gravitate towards the Iron Throne.

What I've seen from the videos is a band working together around Axl's predicament. Considering their past 20-odd years of history, it's strange to see Axl tied down like a wolf in a trap when the show finally hits the road. But it's good to see he's getting the help. Killer voice, too.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortus should have been the guy in the old band and after 15 years and thanks to a 2 guitar set up Fortus finally gets to Shine!!!!

Amazingly, Fortus replaced the rhythm guitarist Slash had issues with. One can dream of Fortus showing up in the '96 sessions.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Are there any songs/videos where you can actually hear Melissa distinctly?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Are there any songs/videos where you can actually hear Melissa distinctly?

I haven't heard every song out there, but I distinctly remember the backing vocals on Jungle sounding especially good. I initially thought it was just having Duff back, but I think the combo of him and Melissa was what I was hearing. This was from Troubador.

Haven't heard it, but I imagine the Shannon Hoon part of "Don't Cry" would be tailor made for a higher voice.

Board footer