You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

slcpunk wrote:

Nuts.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Maybe the world is gonna end this year.

Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Axl & Slash, Axl & AC/DC. Crazy fucking year!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I actually think this will kick ass with Axl.

The only thing upsetting about it is Brian - he's such a gentleman and a master of rock - I would have like to see him honoured a bit more than the speed of this replacement.

I wish they could get him out for a "goodbye" song with earmuffs, earplugs and whatever other protection he needs for himself. He deserves some sort of recognition as while people remember Bon, I maintain Brian took them places they wouldn't have gone on the international scale. He was amazing.

Still - I can see Axl doing the job well - I just wish there was a way it could happen without disrespect to Brian.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Axl will have his work cut out for himself to win over the AC/DC crowd. I'm optimistic though. I see it playing out a little like this.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Tickets for the London gig are only £85 for GA/floor - I'm definitely thinking this is a worthwhile purchase, and prices may actually fall if ACDC fans aren't happy about Axl being the replacement big_smile I know very few ACDC songs but I have plenty of time to pick up there back catalog wink

Has Axl ever fronted any band besides GNR? I'm thinking he must have at some point, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Yea, a lot of AC DC fans are bound to be turned off, and I can't say I blame them.

But on the flip side, it will bring in interest of GnR fans who otherwise wouldn't care enough to go see ACDC.   I like and respect AC/DC, but probably wouldn't go see them if they came thru town, or at least I wouldn't go out of my way to go.    But with Axl, I'd probably pay a pretty penny because how often do we see him outside of GnR?   

Axl stands to create one hell of a retirement fund this year.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bucket is a huge AC/DC fan.. What if bucket joins AC/DC for some tunes with AC/DC with Axl fronting?

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

In related news, Sebastian Bach will be replacing Axl in Guns N' Roses, which will now be re-named Skid Row.

Axl, Bucket, and Angus Young will form the new Guns N' Roses. They will be co-headlining a tour with Van Halen, which will inexplicably be co-fronted by David Lee Roth and Myles Kennedy.

AtariLegend wrote:

Cool, but weird. I'd thought his broken foot though only would have healed in time for the GN'R US tour.

AC/DC fans really going to take to Axl performing in a chair for most of their tour though?

-edit-

Just read 4 weeks was previously mentioned which still pushes it close to the first AC/DC date. I guess though when you're a rock star your healing powers are increased by 100%, since it's normally 6-8 weeks.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Will wrote:

Has Axl ever fronted any band besides GNR? I'm thinking he must have at some point, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Rapidfire

Board footer