You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Regarding Axl's vocals, I think the fact he quit smoking in the mid-90's is the big issue. Brian still smokes to this day and I think that helped him maintain the natural rasp in his voice all the way to the end. Axl's rasp came from smoking and when he quit, the rasp went away. He has to force it now to get it to show up. The fact he basically disappeared for almost a decade and wasn't singing for many years probably didn't help matters either.

Something else fans ignore because some like to act like Axl never did drugs is meth and/or cocaine. On parts of that UYI tour he is definitely using. I doubt he ever injected but when you snort that shit it is draining down the back of your throat. Another sign is when he's itching his nose every few seconds. That's not allergies. 16 I haven't watched Tokyo in eons but there were several moments where its obvious he had used backstage and his vocals are not up to snuff.

Its why Stevie Nicks had roadies blow the coke up her asshole. She didn't want it to fuck with her vocals.

Right before SCOM.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Has this been posted?

Inventor of Inner Ear Monitors claims he can relieve Brian's live performance issues.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Reading between the lines I think the bridges between Brian and AC/DC have been burned. The Angus/Axl interviews were telling, you get the feeling Angus and Brian barely spoke. He also says Brians issue was 'mainly' his hearing, suggesting there was more to it than just that. Factor in Brians friend saying he'd got the boot (albeit later retracted) and the 'best of luck in your future endeaveours' statement from AC/DC. I don't think there's a hearing aid on the planet that's going to get Brian back on that stage with Angus.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Update from Classic Rock Magazine:

A leading hearing technology boss reports that AC/DC’s Brian Johnson has been in touch with him, after a social media campaign was launched to make a meeting happen.

The hearing technology boss who vowed to help AC/DC’s Brian Johnson return to live performance says the pair will meet next week, following an online campaign Johnson was forced to stop touring earlier this year under the threat of permanent deafness – but Stephen Ambrose, head of in-ear monitor makers Asius Technologies, vowed he could help the veteran singer return to the stage.

Now Ambrose says the pair will discuss the situation next Tuesday (May 17). He reports: “Due to everyone’s tremendous support, Brian and I spoke yesterday. What a gracious man. He and his wife invited me to visit them next week.

“If anyone deserves to benefit from my research it’s Brian, who’s been giving incomparable performances for years, despite increased hearing loss.

“I’m going to do my utmost to see if our breakthroughs can help him. If I’m successful I’m sure Brian will let everyone know.

“Please pray for our success next week.”

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Will be interesting to see if that hearing technology can pull a miracle for him.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Likely it's going to be Axl/DC until mid-June. After that, Guns tour.

If Brian gets well in the coming months, the most logical choice would be to reinstate him for the NA leg.

In that case, Axl would simply bow out after the European leg. But this will be Angus' call to make.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's going to be real ugly if Brian comes out and says he's got the problem solved and is ready to tour and record again, which I think he really wants to do. I was shocked Axl said he's willing to go further with AC/DC, like I interpret that to mean being a full time member.

I really wish he'd just concentrate on GNR, tbh.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's going to be real ugly if Brian comes out and says he's got the problem solved and is ready to tour and record again.

It depends.

Brian's going to need a month or two to come up with a solution and to work things out with Angus.
Axl's going to be touring with Guns for the summer, so he'll vacate the frontman spot.
AC/DC may want to reschedule those NA dates earlier than September - with Brian, they could.

Of course, if Angus snubs Brian in favor of Axl in the autumn, that would be... awkward.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's going to be real ugly if Brian comes out and says he's got the problem solved and is ready to tour and record again, which I think he really wants to do. I was shocked Axl said he's willing to go further with AC/DC, like from I interpret that to be, is being a full time member.

I really wish he'd just concentrate on GNR, tbh.

Axl also said something during the Spain concert like "we here at AC/DC are in the problem-solving business" as introduction for Dirty Deeds. The "we" part of that makes it sound like he is a member.

The question is whether the rumors are true that Angus pretty much fired Brian. If that is the case, it's possible Angus will still be unwilling to work with Brian even if a miracle happens for Brian's hearing. It doesn't make the decision easier for Angus that he now has a singer who is 14 years younger and singing the Brian material better than Brian himself has sang it in many years.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Even if he was able to tour again he is still 70 years old. Angus wants to continue for another 10 years, so clearly Johnson is not ready for that, hearing or not. If this Axl thing works out Brian is not coming back to the band.

Board footer