You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

Smoking Guns wrote:

Brian's voice is AC/DC. He has a hearing issue, but people would rather see him than Axl. Sorry man.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Brian's voice is AC/DC. He has a hearing issue, but people would rather see him than Axl. Sorry man.

To me Bon's voice is AC/DC. Brian was a hell of a good replacement. And I got news for you. For every AC/DC fan that will try to unload their tickets, there will be at least one or two GN'R people scooping them up. Angus will get what he wants out of this deal.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

To me Bon's voice is AC/DC. Brian was a hell of a good replacement. And I got news for you. For every AC/DC fan that will try to unload their tickets, there will be at least one or two GN'R people scooping them up. Angus will get what he wants out of this deal.

I agree. I love both bands. Bon was awesome and so was Brian. Brian got them bigger hits and more fans. Back In Black is appetite level good. We are splitting hairs here.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

My hope is just that some of these nasty comments on the Internet don't lead to physical violence against Axl. Some people already threatening to throw shit at him. So they call him an asshole and then they threaten to throw shit at him? Hypocrisy 101 right there from the AC/DC fans. Hopefully it does not come to that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I feel terrible for Brian Johnson, but if AC DC fans are up in arms because their new frontman is Axl then they really need to get a grip on reality. They could have Myles Fucking Kennedy or Eric Dover or that receding hairline guy from Coldplay.  Or they could have seen the end come. 

From the G&R perspective, I feel as though I am getting 26 new Axl songs when this tour kicks off.  Very exciting.

Yep. This is gravy. The reunion itself would have been good enough but we get this bonus on top of it. AC/DC fans bitching about it need to get a clue. With Axl involved they are likely to hear songs not performed since the 70s yet have the gall to complain about it.

Like Acquiesce said....he's having fun. I know some fans seem to like him in Albany 2002 rant mode but I prefer a happy Axl over that shit. Nothing good ever happens when he's not into it. Even casual fans should understand that.

He seems to be making up for lost time. I think he's capable of juggling both. I also think Slash can juggle GNR and his solo career if he chooses to do so.

I cant imagine AXl doing an AC/DC album but if they go that route, we're definitely getting it and soon will be the word. Angus isn't going to sit on an album for years. Will be interesting to see if the ACDC thing is strictly short term or if there are any plans besides making up these Euro/US dates.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I cant imagine AXl doing an AC/DC album but if they go that route, we're definitely getting it and soon will be the word. Angus isn't going to sit on an album for years. Will be interesting to see if the ACDC thing is strictly short term or if there are any plans besides making up these Euro/US dates.

I think it would be cool if they just do Bon era songs with strong emphasis on deep cuts. Make it a big tribute from one legendary singer to a legendary guy that definitely influenced him. This would also show respect to Brian if they left his songs alone during the rest of the shows. And then Angus either goes solo or retires. The AC/DC name itself needs to end before they have no dignity left.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Highway to Hell
Ride On
The Jack
Girls Got Rhythm
Jailbreak
Night Prowler
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Whole Lotta Rosie

Every one of those songs would kick ass. What sucks about an AC/DC show now is that the casuals packing these stadiums are going to expect a heavy dose of Back In Black-current material. Old school rock fans would love 70s era material but I don't know if that will cut the mustard now. Are they willing to risk people booing which could cause fans at future dates to not go? They are in an interesting situation. GNR fans very likely to go to these shows and also take into consideration people who will go just for the spectacle of it all. Its history. Maybe the set list not as important as GNR or AC/DC fans will make it out to be. Everyone originally bought tickets because they figured it was AC/DC's final(or near final) run....with Brian. How would tickets have sold with Axl? Probably sellouts but the sellout crowd would be a different sellout crowd.

Imagine the Stones doing a farewell tour, Mick Jagger goes deaf, so they hire James Hetfield to finish the tour. Very interesting from a hardcore fan/media perspective but can be risky for obvious reasons.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

James, Angus played Riff Raff for the first time in 20 years last night thanks to Axl. I think it goes without saying that one will be part of the set. I'm curious to see what else they cook up. I think it would be badass if they just went 100% Bon for those 10 shows and strong emphasis on the deep cuts.

AtariLegend wrote:

Is this true? From wikipedia.

Following his departure from Guns N' Roses, according to Adler, he was set to join AC/DC and relocate to Australia. However, during the MTV Video Music Awards in September 1990, Axl Rose announced Adler's firing onstage and branded him a drug addict,[24] which Adler said caused AC/DC's manager to withdraw their offer.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Ad … and_hiatus

-edit-

Oh and Trunk btw. said in a blog that the "big news" he couldn't announce was Axl joining AC/DC, which was rumored for months.

johndivney wrote:

Dunno if it's been posted but they've already done a Downfall parody of it based off the rumours

Board footer