You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: For the tour - Rules SG would have in place

Smoking Guns wrote:

GREAT POSTS THE MOLE!!!!  I love this place when we get a killer post like that.

AtariLegend wrote:

Okay, so for the confused like me. What's been done wrong in video 1 and right in video number 2?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
TheMole wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash and Duff were in the above clip and it sounded fine. So the issue as to why we are not getting that sound lies with Fortus, Axl, and Frank?!?!

Did you see what I asked about monitors vs. in-ear above? Can you shed light?

In-ears provide for much better separation of the individual monitoring mixes, so in theory everyone should be able to hear what they need much better than with old-fashioned wedges. That means that no one would have the excuse of not hearing the other players well enough, or one instrument overpowering the others, and so again, in theory in-ear monitors should always work better.

However, it's feels completely different, playing with in-ears. You get a very rough mix directly into your ears and blocks out the sound of the stage. It kinda kills the live feeling a bit in my opinion. It' harder to get into 'the zone' that way, at least it was for me.

There's also a higher risk of the sound guy messing up. You typically have a dedicated monitor mix engineer on stage with you, and with wedges the guy has to do three, maybe four main mixes. With in-ears, every individual musician has their own mix, which adds to the complexity. Also, since it blocks out stage-noise, a mistake in an in-ear mix is often exaggerated due to the organic sound of the stage not being able to make for it.

I doubt it's in-ears vs. wedges though. It's just the drumming mostly.

Cool, man, didn't know the intricacies of it. Appreciate it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Okay, so for the confused like me. What's been done wrong in video 1 and right in video number 2?

Fuck Fitz is a kick ass drummer, but you selected a fan shot video vs a pro shot video. Anyway on this song on this night Frank wasn't too terrible. The middle parts he is doing some funky shit and he seems to add some extra kick drum beats and bangs the fuck out of the symbols... But by far Fitz is a better drummer and Slash sounds better with his own band as well. Now an expert like The Mole should comment. He knows much more than me. There are songs like RQ where Frank is much worse than this.

AtariLegend wrote:

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I think Slash sounds better with Guns N' Roses but that can be down to the fact that I might just be a tad biased...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No hanger ons back stage

No booze or drugs EVER around Slash or Duff (respect their battle)

I'm all for these two but the first one will never happen.

The other stuff will naturally work itself out.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash sounds better in GNR when you factor in AXL. Put Axl in the Conspirators and you have a superior product "TODAY".

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Don't mean to sound like (too much of) a dick but I disagree with that one as well. Each to their own.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No hanger ons back stage

No booze or drugs EVER around Slash or Duff (respect their battle)

I'm all for these two but the first one will never happen.

The other stuff will naturally work itself out.

I seen a very vague description of what people described as hangers on the other forum that seemed to include band members girlfriends, Lana Del Rey and a nightclub owner who hosted a few gigs on the previous tours.

I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just what people's definition is here. I'm also referring to 2016.

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I disagree with that one as well. Each to their own.

Yep.

Board footer