You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: "I quit the oldies band" - Chris Pitman

tejastech08 wrote:
zombux wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

This is the same prick who arrogantly said GN'R should never release any new material because there is no money to be made in that. Good riddance. Melissa is a huge upgrade in every way.

you got some link for that? I'd like to read it smile

It was a video interview. He came across like a total asshole.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrhZE7vnWEw#t=57s

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrhZE7vnWEw#t=57s

[/embed]

Look at that arm around the lady. Haha

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Nice....real fucking nice

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

"Quit," my ass! They dropped him like the dead weight he is.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That interview and how arrogant he is still gives me the douche chills.

zombux wrote:

to be totally fair, I understand his point of view - being in the band for how many... 17 or 18 years? with the aim of reinventing the band, but finally being able to push out only 1 album and end up frustrated with things going nowhere forward, only ending up with a partial reunion with return to the roots... not saying that I like the guy or something, he was always the most disposable member of the band, but still I understand his point of view and I'm not bashing him for it smile

Nope...he gets no free pass on that. He went "on the record" a few years ago saying he had no desire to release another GNR album because albums don't matter anymore. He said this when GNR fans were still in the middle of their CD II pipe dream. I knew we were never getting it when Ashba joined but most hardcore fans still had some faith.

In other words....he was happy running in place as a nostalgia act as long as he was involved.

Fuck him.

polluxlm wrote:

If he's just bitter about being left out, fuck him.

If he's right and they are planning to go for the nostalgia cash grab only...

He isn't right and has already been proven wrong. They have reworked songs from Chinese to perform live. That's more than the 09-14 lineup did and its just begun. They are also doing the best set lists seen since 1991.

Look at how happy they are and Axl never smiled like that during the CD years.

TheMole wrote:

Then still fuck him, if anyone has the right to do so it's the guys that wrote the fucking songs...

Yep. This is my stance since day one. If we have to hear old material just bring back the real McCoy.

The CD project had a fat lady signing when Bucket bailed and she did an encore when Finck bailed. This was long overdue. They can either retool songs in the vault or start fresh. Even if they go the pure nostalgia route its better than anything they threw at us the past 10 years.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

He went "on the record" a few years ago saying he had no desire to release another GNR album because albums don't matter anymore.

Exactly.

I mean I agree broadly with his stance on downloading - I think the long term effect of making paying for music optional is that once a band has a successful past there's less motivation to create new works. A good example is Metallica - actually about to drop a new album this year but have been playing festivals and hits shows every summer for the past 8 years since their last album. I think we will see more and more of that.

So although I see his point, to play AFD himself each show, publicly brag that there's no point attempting to move forward as a band, and generally trade off the old band's reputation for the past 20 years, it seems a bit odd to call out the actual songwriters for wanting to return to their own band and play the same material.

I knew we were never getting it when Ashba joined but most hardcore fans still had some faith.

I thought it was the opposite to be honest.

Love him or hate him DJ is actually quite useful to bands in the studio.

He co-wrote a lot of "Saints of LA" with Motley Crue - and I think he did a good job there of modernising the production but essentially putting out a classic feeling Motley Crue record - like capturing the style.

Additionally, although their hybrid sound isn't for everyone, he's done several records with Sixx:Am and been quite important to the development of those.

So I thought him joining might have given Axl the creative spark to finish up CD2.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

He looks fucking weird in that video interview.

Definitely gives the he eats people vibe.

Anyhow, I don't understand this prick? He is a nobody. Sure he got to rub shoulders once with some big names.

At the end of the day, no one in this world is going to give a fuck about Chris Pitman's accomplishments in the music field.

He isn't an important player and never will be. As he has a terrible attitude and feels entitlement.

A good example of someone that will be remembered is Josh Freese. That guy is beyond talented, and is humble as fuck.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Love him or hate him DJ is actually quite useful to bands in the studio.

Another reason I never took the hiring seriously.

How is he useful in a studio setting for a band that does not enter the studio? That's like asking Rosie O Donnell or Dom Deluise to fast. What's the point?

So I thought him joining might have given Axl the creative spark to finish up CD2.

Now that's funny. Axl was sitting on an album finished eons ago so I don't see how this guy was going to give any sparks. The chance of the studio paying for that lineup to enter the studio were nil.

I saw the hiring of Ashba for what it was.....touring purposes only and to help market the band to a casual crowd. Did anyone seriously picture that lineup entering a studio and whipping up an album? If they did, at what point did they see the light?

I took Finck's one minute til midnight departure as a sign nothing was going to materialize. The hiring of Ashba sealed it. What amazes me is that it lasted six years....the same amount of time that elapsed for classic GNR's discography.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This pud makes Matt Sorum look like a fucking boy scout.

Board footer