You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: 20/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

CSS 2.0 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am not saying you must think Slash's solo is better but cool to see respect for his effort on them and his skills.

Of course.

Slash is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. I would never doubt his abilities.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Amazing TWAT solo. I'll expound later, but I think it says something that he completely gutted the TIL solo but followed the TWAT blueprint while putting his own spin on it.

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Amazing TWAT solo. I'll expound later, but I think it says something that he completely gutted the TIL solo but followed the TWAT blueprint while putting his own spin on it.

Just want to lazily chip in that, this is how I feel too.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Just want to lazily chip in that, this is how I feel too.

I noticed the same. Respect for the bucket.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's not amazing at all. I just listened once but it was not good. At times he's just shredding. Shredding means "I will just improv this stuff".
Awkward.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

It's an awesome solo for sure...of course Slash is one of the best guitarist of all time so I am not surprised... 21

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's not amazing at all. I just listened once but it was not good. At times he's just shredding. Shredding means "I will just improv this stuff".
Awkward.

Remember in the old days when Guns fans accused Bucket of just being a shredder. How times have changed.

Yeah, there's a lot of shredding there. But if Bucket isn't gonna be the one doing it, Slash can.

And so what if he's shredding? Shredding like a motherfucker. When people accuse Bucket of being a shredder nowadays I just ignore it, but inside I'm thinking "fucking right; you better recognize the best shredder around."

Slash on this solo keeps hitting on some moments of Bucket's original solo that made it so great. I like that. I wish he did that with the TIL solo (the moments that were worthy, that is; as few as there are).

Also, by following the blueprint of Bucket's solo, I think he paying a bit of a homage. He's giving it his deal of approval: "This is GNR-worthy," he's saying.

By deconstructing Robin's solo, he's saying "get this unlistenable steaming pile out of here."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Awkward.

Remember in the old days when Guns fans accused Bucket of just being a shredder. How times have changed.

Yeah, there's a lot of shredding there. But if Bucket isn't gonna be the one doing it, Slash can.

And so what if he's shredding? Shredding like a motherfucker. When people accuse Bucket of being a shredder nowadays I just ignore it, but inside I'm thinking "fucking right; you better recognize the best shredder around."

Slash on this solo keeps hitting on some moments of Bucket's original solo that made it so great. I like that. I wish he did that with the TIL solo (the moments that were worthy, that is; as few as there are).

Also, by following the blueprint of Bucket's solo, I think he paying a bit of a homage. He's giving it his deal of approval: "This is GNR-worthy," he's saying.

By deconstructing Robin's solo, he's saying "get this unlistenable steaming pile out of here."

I agree 100%.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:
DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Awkward.

Just what with that solo was anything special? It wasn't true to the original and it wasn't true to any form of melody. Bucket completely re-did solos and kept them like that, KOHD for one. Nightrain another. I heard nothing there that was very cool. The TIL solo seemed to have an idea behind it, which was fine. This was nothing major. Besides Slash playing it. If DJ Ashba had done that stuff, people would have ripped him a new asshole.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'll have to agree with my Scandi friend here. It was a poor attempt at replicating BH's solo (and Robin's). Sorry to say, but some of these songs Slash needs to start carrying his weight. His renditions on TWAT, TIL and Better are not up to par. Even his own songs like Nightrain and YCBM he does not pull off properly.

It's not an issue of ability either, most of the old songs he does correct. If he's going to fuck around it better be for a good reason, like BH on Nightrain. Doing it just to do it is not cutting it when people are paying what they are for these gigs.

Board footer