You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Steven Adler News

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Vicky Hamilton: Steven has such a sweet spirit to him, when I managed the band he wasn't like messed up on drugs at all. He smoked a little pot...he was kind of the California surfer boy of the band. Always this beaming light of optimism no matter what was going on, he was like there and ready to go.

Oh please. Adler himself admits all he cared about since birth was drugs and girls. Lets not pretend he was a choir boy that smoked a joint once in a blue moon. While he probably wasn't a heroin addict in that early phase of their career, she's going a bit too far with the revisionist history. This attitude does not help junkies I can assure you.

What has happened recently, I don't know any of the details. I reached out to him yesterday and I haven't heard back.

This does not sound good. I really hope he's ok. Out of all the GNR members I relate to Adler the most. He let drugs consume his life and is trying to pull his shit together before its too late.

I think he's doing pretty good. This video was posted today:

https://twitter.com/Slash__World/status/724712301979439104

AtariLegend wrote:

He played the festival.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That drum sound is the missing link from this GN'R reunion.

It's a shame about Steven's issues. Even his drum sound is as integral to the GN'R sound as Axl's voice or Slash's guitar.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

It's a shame about Steven's issues. Even his drum sound is as integral to the GN'R sound as Axl's voice or Slash's guitar.

That is what the hell I have been screaming. But every time I do ID tells me this is not a reunion and Slash only joined because DJ left and I get sad again and am forced to accept Frank.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

That is what the hell I have been screaming. But every time I do ID tells me this is not a reunion and Slash only joined because DJ left and I get sad again and am forced to accept Frank.

It's not like ID is an insider. It's just his opinion.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

It's not like ID is an insider. It's just his opinion.

I was joking in my above post Buzz.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Did you guys know Jacob could play like this?

http://youtu.be/LaJXCAHrd2k

here is another where he jams with the band. Hell of a musician.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Am I the only one that bought the Adler album? It is great!

I loved it as well.

I think I said in another post, it flat out shocked me that that the 2nd-best post-GN'R album of all the original band members, after Chinese Democracy (Axl), was Steven Adler's "ADLER: Back From The Dead"

I was stunned how good that album was. The Slash track isn't even the best track on the album... or 2nd best... or 3rd or 4th. That's how good that album was.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

But ID is right. You're forced to accept Frank because of Steven.

Steven fucked that boat up long ago. Steven coming back to GN'R is never going to happen, short of a few jam sessions, or possibly studio work, and/or a short AFD-anniversary tour. Something very short.

But Steven's dream was always to play in front of the kind of crowds in Mexico City a couple weeks ago, on the drums with GN'R. He fucked that himself years ago.

The only other option would be Matt Sorum. Although I wouldn't be opposed to that, I just don't see Axl ever agreeing to Sorum returning to GN'R.

The best bet is Frank, unless you want Brain back.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just watched every video from the last two Adler gigs. Damn. It just sounds better on the drums. Sorry. It just does. Listen to WTTJ, you don't get any tempo changes or banging on the symbols, it is perfect.

Board footer