You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Steven Adler News

AtariLegend wrote:

12392028_1078186732215469_852222880886339810_n.jpg?oh=868f444ebcbbe0fb3b02a07ca411cd63&oe=57BCD8A9

Dates were booked several months ago, but if you're wondering... well he said he's still planning on playing it. He posted an update at the start of this week saying "Looking forward to seeing everyone at M3 in a couple of weeks!".

I guess the long-term injury rumors were a bit over exaggerated

https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic

AtariLegend wrote:

Quick bump, because people probably can't see this thread unless browsing this section.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

There probably never was any major injury sustained, just wishful thinking from fans hoping he would be a part of the "reformation" of GN'R - my guess is he isn't taking part because a) it isn't a quintessential reunion in the traditional sense (thus no room for a new drummer) and b) because he is nevertheless always going to be seen as a massive liability.

It's a bit sad, really - but that's how it is.

I hope he does well with his band and that everything goes on as originally planned for him.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Am I the only one that bought the Adler album? It is great!

AtariLegend wrote:

Well this is the 2nd weekend, if he was going to show. This would be the night.

I know why people assumed it would have happened in LA, but lets be honest. Starting off a tour with a new line-up while introducing a former member to play a few songs, sends mixed messages when you're trying to set a tone.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I know why people assumed it would have happened in LA, but lets be honest. Starting off a tour with a new line-up while introducing a former member to play a few songs, sends mixed messages when you're trying to set a tone.

I hope and pray it happens. If not we have 20 other dates to do it this summer.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Which is one reason I wasn't expecting any 'guest appearances'. The media could start twisting things around and crowds start chanting for guys that aren't even at the venue.

We have the best lineup in eons. Now let's move forward like I've been wanting them to for 20 years.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I hope and pray it happens. If not we have 20 other dates to do it this summer.

If anything happens, it should be at the Giants stadium just like Paradise City video. The hipster Coachella fuckers do not deserve this moment.

AtariLegend wrote:

Author and manager Vicky Hamilton as well as guitarist Lance Lopez join Mitch for episode 214 of One On One With Mitch Lafon

Vicky Hamilton Interview - Appetite For Dysfunction

Mitch Lafon: Steven Adler was suppose to take part in a limited basis in the Guns N' Roses reunion, goes to rehearsals, second day throws out his back. Boy what bad break for him. 

What are you thoughts on Steven? Because he's been your champion, at the RRHOF he's the one who said hey Vicky. And he's always said in interviews hey Vicky, what does he mean to you?

Vicky Hamilton: Steven has such a sweet spirit to him, when I managed the band he wasn't like messed up on drugs at all. He smoked a little pot...he was kind of the California surfer boy of the band. Always this beaming light of optimism no matter what was going on, he was like there and ready to go.

What has happened recently, I don't know any of the details. I reached out to him yesterday and I haven't heard back. But I love Steven and I love his band Adler. I think it's a really good band. The singer is great, the guitar players are great, the song writing is really good. I can't fault anything he's doing, and he's been sober for a year and a half. That's really really good.

Mitch Lafon: And that's important. We know he's tried to become sober in the past and it's been an up and down battle and so this time it seems to be sticking. You can't ask for more than that. Forget Guns N' Roses, forget Adler, forget all that stuff, his health is number one.

Vicky Hamilton: Yeah, absolutely.

At 19:30:

Thanks to Funky.Money at MYGNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Vicky Hamilton: Steven has such a sweet spirit to him, when I managed the band he wasn't like messed up on drugs at all. He smoked a little pot...he was kind of the California surfer boy of the band. Always this beaming light of optimism no matter what was going on, he was like there and ready to go.

Oh please. Adler himself admits all he cared about since birth was drugs and girls. Lets not pretend he was a choir boy that smoked a joint once in a blue moon. While he probably wasn't a heroin addict in that early phase of their career, she's going a bit too far with the revisionist history. This attitude does not help junkies I can assure you.

What has happened recently, I don't know any of the details. I reached out to him yesterday and I haven't heard back.

This does not sound good. I really hope he's ok. Out of all the GNR members I relate to Adler the most. He let drugs consume his life and is trying to pull his shit together before its too late.

Board footer